PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection rating of Festoolf Trion verses Carvex Jig Saws

Mac McQuinn
12-28-2015, 4:35 PM
Is there anyone here who has owned both the Carvex and Trion Jig Saws and can compare the dust collection quality between the two?
Mac

peter gagliardi
12-28-2015, 4:44 PM
I have both, the carvex is newer, and is better marginally. The real help is the light.
I have to say, though festool makes excellent tools, the engineering on the blade jaws needing a tool to adjust, rather than springs like my older bosch is really cumbersome at best.
Their whole approach with the two saws of theirs i have is just strange. The older swiss made bosch i have i feel is a superior tool, except i wish for a light.

Mac McQuinn
12-28-2015, 8:22 PM
Peter,
I understand completely, my Bosch 1591 is more than likely the only tool I've sold I wish I still had.
I didn't had a dust hook up on the Bosch, did you? If so, how does it compare with the Festool twins?
The light might be a advantage for some although for me a flashing Led is nothing short of a Migraine igniter, I understand you can turn this off which I would. I have a plan B so perhaps I'll get on the used market for another 1591 and install the dust pick-up accessory.
Mac

Max Neu
12-28-2015, 8:46 PM
I have both,neither dust collect very well,I don't even bother hooking a hose to either. I like the Carvex alot better,it has some nice accessories that go with it.My biggest complaint about the Trion is you can't hardly see the line you are trying to cut.

peter gagliardi
12-28-2015, 9:13 PM
Never hooked the bosch to dc - no provision as i remember. The strobe "feature" isnt my fave, i could do with a solid on light.