PDA

View Full Version : Mesquite show next month

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-06-2005, 8:01 AM
I woke up this morning and it feels 'fall like' outside (even tho it'll be 95 degrees in a few hours!)...so it's time to remind everybody that the annual Mesquite Art Festival in Fredericksburg is just a month away. :)

If you've not been before, you won't be sorry you came. If you do make it out, come say hello...I'll be in the lower (main) pavillion again.

Bring the wives, too...lots of reasonably priced stocking stuffers and 'co-worker' gift ideas. As in recent years, there will be folks there with mesquite lumber/logs for sale.

More info at www.texasmesquiteassn.org, or you can PM me with questions.

KC

Cecil Arnold
09-06-2005, 2:14 PM
KC, I've been looking forward to the show ever since I missed last year's. in fact it's been two years since Gene Fitzwater told me about it and I've been trying to get there ever since. One question. Are the prices on logs reasonable or are they trying to get $10 a bf out of them?? I'll be sure to look you up.

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-06-2005, 8:22 PM
$10 isn't reasonable? :confused: :D

Seriously though...I don't know what they're wanting for logs, because I don't want anything to do with it until it's wood. I suspect that anybody bringing logs will try to sell them to the guys with the lumber booths. Saying 'logs' in the first place may have been misleading...I don't know that there's gonna be booth full of logs.

Last year there were some people there with 'reasonably' priced lumber, and some who obviously didn't care whether they sold it or not. Now, I'm very picky about what I use...but I didn't see anything I'd consider 'furniture' grade being sold, other than some table leg cants (which were already sold). :mad: If you're making boxes or smallish shelves or scrolling or something where you can 'cut around' as necessary, you might see something you like at a decent price.

KC