PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
12-27-2015, 11:34 PM
28 Dec 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope each of you are safe, dry, warm, and fed. The weather has been a bit bumpy here but not as bad as it was in Mississippi or Texas. My prayers go out to all those impacted by the severe weather. Spent Christmas weekend with family and friends. The LOML and I have joined a local gym and have started exercising for the first time in years. We meet with a fitness trainer/consultant today to develop a fitness plan for the LOML and I so we can do this together. We are both excited about improving our general fitness together. The best gift I got for Christmas this year was being able to spend it with my family.

That's it for me, so how was your Christmas holiday weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Shawn Pixley
12-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Christmas was nice with the immediate family. LOML & DS had a nice easychristmas morning full of presents, food, dog walks, and beautiful sunshine. LOML got a class for christmas. I got a chisel and a rare book on Urushi.

I spent some time organizing the general workbench in the garage. We were periodically infused with smoke from the Solimar fire but luckily the wind stayed down and it was controlled fairly quickly.

Terry Hatfield
12-28-2015, 2:25 PM
My accomplishment??? I survived Christmas. :D

Ben Rivel
12-28-2015, 2:49 PM
My accomplishment??? I survived Christmas. :D
Seriously! I consider that enough.

Mike Ontko
12-28-2015, 3:53 PM
Survived Christmas? I'm still fuzzy headed, but from a lot of driving and not necessarily from too much egg nog!! On Christmas Eve, I put on about 300 miles (round trip) to move daughter #1 into a new place that she's sharing with a friend (funny, the friend wasn't on hand to help with the move ;)). Then on the day of, I drove all us about 250 miles round trip to have dinner with the LOML's family. Then on the day after I brought my daughter back to her new place so she could finish unpacking. At that point, I went to a local lumber supplier in Seattle and picked up the cherry and CVG Doug fir for a couple of bookcases that I'm making, based on the "Cherry and Fir Bookcase" (http://www.finewoodworking.com/woodworking-plans/article/cherry-and-fir-bookcase.aspx) plans I found in FWW 161.

Jim Becker
12-30-2015, 9:45 PM
I've been putting a lot more time in the shop lately and completed an integrated headboard nightstand project (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?239180-Project-Headboard-Nightstand-Combo-for-simple-platform-bed) on Monday for my daughter. I'm considering this week an "extended weekend" so I'll also mention getting a proper heating setup in my shop today and also switched out some flush mount lighting fixtures in our kitchen to get rid of the old halogen lights that were failing and change to LED. Next small project is a better arrangement for my hand tools so they are more accessible and not in a cardboard box under the miter stand like they have for way too long now. :) I'm thinking that my next big project is going to be a very large sideboard that I've been wanting to do...probably about 5' wide and 9' tall. :D