PDA

View Full Version : General International 14" drill press chuck key

Jay Michaels
12-27-2015, 7:19 PM
I have a 14" General International drill press -- model #75-030. I have misplaced the chuck key.

I purchased two at Lowe's that seem undersized - a 3/8" and 1/2" and both fit in the hole, but the teeth don't come close to contacting the teeth on the chuck.

For the life of me, I cannot find anything online showing me the SIZE of the chuck key that I need to order as a replacement. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

John Aperahama
12-27-2015, 8:10 PM
Assuming this is a Jacobs or clone chuck it should have a model designation on the chuck 34-33C as a example.
Search for the chuck key based on that number rather than the drill press model Amazon MCS McMaster Carr all carry them.
As a aside i ditched my crappy clones for good quality keyless chucks on both my drill presses. Way less frustration.

Ronald Blue
12-27-2015, 9:18 PM
My first thought is if the chuck is on a Morse taper arbor knock it out and take it with you so you can match it up. The other option would be to get one of these 4 way keys.

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=4+way+drill+chuck+key&sprefix=4+way+drill%2Caps%2C176

Dave Lehnert
12-27-2015, 9:31 PM
Get the part number from the manual.
http://www.general.ca/products/1_general/75_drill/75-030.html
And call General International for a replacement.

Tom M King
12-27-2015, 9:42 PM
Ace Hardware probably has one that will fit hanging on the wall.