PDA

View Full Version : Geez, I hate insomnia

Gary Herrmann
09-06-2005, 2:24 AM
Having back spasms so I don't feel like going downstairs and being productive. Maybe there is some ridiculous infomercial on that will put me to sleep...

Vaughn McMillan
09-06-2005, 5:27 AM
I can talk insomnia with the best of 'em, Gary. Sorry to hear you back's not behaving (I can share war stories on that subject, too). My problem is that I often get my most productive around 11:00 PM or so, then feel like working until 4:00 or 5:00 AM. (I'm a writer, so I do a lot of work for my "day job" in the wee hours of the night.) Fortuntely, the boss is pretty flexible about when I show up at the office, as long as I get the work done.

I hope you get feeling better soon. And get some sleep, will ya?

- Vaughn

Matthew Poeller
09-06-2005, 8:20 AM
I have the same problem as Vaughn. When that happens i read. It never fails to put me to sleep. Last night I was tired around nine but had some stuff to do so I went and got some go juice something that was surely able to keep me up all night, low and behold I started reading and that was it. I woke up this morning.

Now I am not sure that reading will help the back spasms though.

Dennis Peacock
09-06-2005, 9:14 AM
I hear each of you....loud and clear.!!!!

If I'm "really" tired? I can't seem to go to sleep.
I am my most productive between 6PM and 1AM.
Many times, I have gone to bed at 10:30PM and toss and turn for a good 2 to 4 hours before ever going to sleep. I do sometimes suffer from "Restless Leg Syndrome" that keeps me from going to sleep. The "doc" prescribed me some medicine to help me sleep. So far....it helps...but I don't take it all the time so I don't become dependent on the medication for sleep.
I think this should be something to "Poll"....I think I will. ;)

Michael Cody
09-06-2005, 9:14 AM
IMy problem is that I often get my most productive around 11:00 PM or so, then feel like working until 4:00 or 5:00 AM. (I'm a writer, so I do a lot of work for my "day job" in the wee hours of the night.) - Vaughn

I always tell folks "Sunrise is a great end to a good evening but terrible way to start a day" ....