PDA

View Full Version : vector issue

Lloyd Brown
12-26-2015, 12:35 PM
I am new to lasers woodworking. I can get the pattern to the laser(full spectrum), but the image is good in raster, but in vector it is nothing but lines. Why is that ? how do I get the pattern in vector mode to look like the pattern? is it the computer or what?

Lee DeRaud
12-26-2015, 12:54 PM
...but in vector it is nothing but lines. Why is that ?"Nothing but lines" is pretty much the definition of "vector" in this context.

It would help a lot if you'd post a picture of what you're trying to accomplish...

Mike Troncalli
12-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Lloyd,

1. Sent you a PM

2. There are several issues that you are dealing with here. First you need to understand that raster mode is for engraving while Vector mode is for cutting. To have an image cut out the lines must be set to hairline, that is done in your drawing software not the FSL RetinaGrave software.

Bert Kemp
12-26-2015, 5:08 PM
Yes a picture will help. R U trying to cut out the rasterd image or trying to get the vectored image to engrave so it looks like the rasterd image. Your now getting into vector engraving. If you tell the vectored image to engrave rather then cut the out come will look similar to the rasterd image.