PDA

View Full Version : Sign Design Software

John Bion
12-25-2015, 2:29 PM
Hi all, Hope you have all had a great day and good rest.

I am looking to do 3D HDU signage on my router and wondered whether Vectric Aspire would be suitable or whether something like: http://www.enroutesoftware.com/signmaking-buy (likehttp://www.enroutesoftware.com/signmaking-buy) would be better, if so, in what way? I would far rather not go the second, more expensive route if Aspire (http://www.vectric.com/products/aspire.html) would do the job well (for me this would be an upgrade from Vectric V Carve Pro).
Your recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks and hoping you all have a prosperous year ahead.
Kind Regards, John

Gerry Grzadzinski
12-25-2015, 9:26 PM
If you're intended use is 3D modeling, the answer is whichever one you're more comfortable using. For 3D work, the end result has a lot more to do with the artist than the tools he's using.

Neither is going to automatically create 3D reliefs for you.

Enroute seems to have a few more features, but for creating 3D reliefs, I don't think it's worth 3x the price to get the Pro version, which is required for a lot of the 3D tools.

Bruce Page
12-25-2015, 11:56 PM
If you already have and use VCarve then Aspire would be the logical next step, IMO. As you probably already know, Vectric has EXCELLENT training videos and an excellent on-line support forum. I'm in no way a master but I find Aspire pretty intuitive. I don't know anything about Enroute. Either will require a learning investment.

Ross Moshinsky
12-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Are you looking to do this to make money? If so, really think about it all the way. If it takes you 2 hour to model something, 3 hours to carve, and 2 hours to finish can you really turn a profit?

John Bion
12-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks for all your responses. Some pertinent answers here, thanks. I do enjoy using V Carve Pro and Vectric is a fantastic company to deal with. I appreciated Gerry’s comment: “the end result has a lot more to do with the artist than the tools he’s using” and Ross’s: “can you really turn a profit?”. I am looking at this as an expansion to what I already do with the equipment I already have. If it does look profitable, I would like to incorporate it - but that has not been quantified yet - new ideas - thanks Ross.
Kind Regards, John

Mary Ma
01-04-2016, 6:25 AM
Agree to Gerry, basic software makes no difference, especially when it comes to sign making which requires a lot of 2D works. 3D is the same, just different way for creating tool path and different tools used.

Keith Outten
01-04-2016, 7:37 AM
Vectric will offer you a substantial discount to upgrade your VCarve Pro license to Aspire.

John Bion
01-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Vectric will offer you a substantial discount to upgrade your VCarve Pro license to Aspire.

Hi Keith,
Thanks for that.
PS: I have a constant stream of corian signage, thanks to your initial intro to the idea and tips etc. :)
Kind Regards,
John

Keith Outten
01-04-2016, 3:19 PM
Excellent, I like to hear from people who have been able to incorporate Corian signs into their product line. I probably warned you that the demand for Corian signs and other projects will grow and grow and grow!
Give some thought to adding Corian dye-sublimation when you can, its an easy way to offer color photographs and graphics to your signs as inlays.

John Bion
01-05-2016, 9:08 AM
Thanks Keith.
Hope you have a blessed year.