PDA

View Full Version : Ho Ho Ho

Rob Luter
12-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Santa brought me a nice Lie Neilsen corner chisel for Christmas. I guess I was good this year. Anyone else been good?

Robert McNaull
12-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Lee valley medium shoulder plane and a router plane. I purchased them on cyber Monday, but were my Christmas presents from my wife.

Brian Holcombe
12-25-2015, 1:08 PM
Santa tried his best, but my gouges are awaiting customs....

Jim Belair
12-25-2015, 1:18 PM
LV gift certificate (from my family) AND free shipping (from Rob). Woo-hoo!

Jim Koepke
12-25-2015, 1:23 PM
A new 10X3X1 hard arkansas bench stone and a new cordless drill were the Christmas presents SWMBO let me get before Christmas.

Haven't had coffee yet so not sure if there is anything else under the tree.

jtk

paul cottingham
12-25-2015, 1:31 PM
Santa brought me a nice G-B carving axe, and a couple gouges. Nice surprises (a friend gave me a gift card) as they are outside my budget.

David Eisenhauer
12-25-2015, 1:33 PM
LN spoke shave (the Boggs one) and, more importantly, all in this house and my family are in good health, under a solid roof and know where the next meal is coming from. Best wishes to all.

Shawn Pixley
12-25-2015, 5:14 PM
Matsumura White Steel 3mm Dovetail Chisel

Wayne Taylor
12-25-2015, 5:33 PM
Jet 1221 and a supernova chuck!

Bill Houghton
12-25-2015, 7:27 PM
Millers-Falls 1200 combo square. These are similar to machinist's combo squares - cast iron head, accurate rule. They differ in that the rule is 8ths and 16ths on one side and 16ths and 32nds on the other; no 64ths, which are not useful for carpentry, and are darned hard to read out in the sunlight.

Frederick Skelly
12-25-2015, 9:43 PM
Clamps! 4 JET parallels I got on cyber monday, plus two 12" bessey F-clamps, plus twelve 6" bessey F-clamps (the ones on sale from HD for $15).

I think I finally have enough clamps now.

Kim Gibbens
12-25-2015, 11:24 PM
Clamp. Got my first Bessey rapid action clamp. Man is it sweet, I would like to have a bunch of these someday.

Jeffrey Martel
12-25-2015, 11:34 PM
Sort of a christmas gift from the wife, I got a LV Medium Shoulder plane from cyber monday.

Actual christmas gifts were gift cards from my parents and my MIL to Craftsmanstudio.com. Bought a Lie-Nielsen Rabbeting Block and a Veritas flush cut saw.

Eric Schubert
12-26-2015, 1:08 AM
No tools this year. My only "Christmas present" we bought for each other was a house. Works for me! :D

Paul McGaha
12-26-2015, 3:37 AM
No tools for me this year either. I'm not complaining though as Mrs. Claus treated me to a new recliner.

Merry Christmas Creekers. I hope you have a happy and safe holiday season. And get some shop time in.

PHM

Bill McNiel
12-26-2015, 2:15 PM
My incredible wife gave me a 5 piece set of LV PM V-11 chisels and a #5 Type 11 Bailey that will clean up well. She knew I coveted the LV chisels but would never buy them due to my montra "only buy a tool that will make me money".

Step-kids gave me a $100 LV gift certificate.

george wilson
12-26-2015, 5:06 PM
No tools. Already have too many! I bought myself a completely wired up 1952 Fender reissue pick guard with all electronics,and even all the little screws to go with it. Although I have built acoustic guitars,or hollow body electrics for most of my career(outside of museum work) ,I want to make up a Telecaster to go with my custom made Standel amp.

Actually,I am seldom disappointed with things from China,and the Chinese are always anxious to be good business men,and quick to cooperate if there is a problem.

Joe Beaulieu
12-26-2015, 8:46 PM
SWMBO gave me the LV set of 3 spoke shaves with the snazzy roll to hold em in. All with PMV blades. She wasn't done there, this angel of mine. Also got me the Knew Concepts coping saw - the red one with the engineered frame. And lastly, a Forrest 8" Dado King dado set. I think she knows me... For all of you with grand kids etc... You win hands down. I would love a couple of my own...but in lieu of that, I will take what I got, the absolute best woman on this earth. YMMV. Merry Christmas all.

Joe

Patrick Walsh
12-26-2015, 8:54 PM
Guess i was a really really good boy this year.

The green machine was a gift to myself. I purchased it a couple weeks ago but it still feels like a christmas gift.

Robert Flowers
12-26-2015, 9:09 PM
Santa and Rob was mean to me this year,I got a 100.00 LV gift card and free shipping. Now I can't sleep trying to figure out what to get. I really want a plow plane but have to add 140.00 to get it. Hope Rob sees this post and take pity on a poor broke soul and give me a big discount.
Well I could get a couple of blades and start building a wooden plane I've been wanting to start or a bandsaw fence.Decisions,decisions
Robert

Allen Jordan
12-26-2015, 9:46 PM
I got a great set of Auriou rasps, can't wait to give them a try. I'll need to learn how to clean and lubricate them, too.

Patrick Chase
12-26-2015, 10:13 PM
LN spoke shave (the Boggs one) and, more importantly, all in this house and my family are in good health, under a solid roof and know where the next meal is coming from. Best wishes to all.

Your priorities appear to be grossly inconsistent with the customs of this forum (or basically any Internet forum, for that matter). I feel the same, though.

With that said: L-N #10-1/4 Bench Rabbet.

Brian Holcombe
12-26-2015, 10:42 PM
Still waiting on USPS, but these are what I'm waiting for;

http://www.japan-tool.com/zc/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=564&pic=0&products_image_large_additional=images/FukamaruK-1.JPG

ken hatch
12-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Still waiting on USPS, but these are what I'm waiting for;

http://www.japan-tool.com/zc/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=564&pic=0&products_image_large_additional=images/FukamaruK-1.JPG

Brian,

Broken link,

ken

Brian Holcombe
12-27-2015, 12:43 AM
Ahh, hopefully this will work;

http://www.japan-tool.com/zc/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=566&pic=0&products_image_large_additional=images/FukamaruK-1.JPG

Christopher Charles
12-27-2015, 1:17 AM
No tools here but some time in the shop with my sons. Happy holidays all.

best,
C

Stu Gillard
12-27-2015, 3:08 AM
An eastern puller and a western pusher.
The back saw is a Sanderson Brothers. I've lightly cleaned the handle and rubbed it with shellac/BLO.
The Kakuri is the 180mm fine cut. I've never owned a Japanese saw before, but have had the chance to play with this version. It's capable of paper thin cuts.

Many thanks to SWMBO and my FIL :)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/gillardian/1_zps0wn3zxoa.jpg

Stewie Simpson
12-27-2015, 7:01 AM
East meets west with those 2 hand saws.

ken hatch
12-27-2015, 8:15 AM
Ahh, hopefully this will work;

http://www.japan-tool.com/zc/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=566&pic=0&products_image_large_additional=images/FukamaruK-1.JPG

Worked and nice. Nice is too namby pamby, beautiful is much better. I guess one of the major reasons I like Japanese tools is not only do they work well but they can be works of Art that the average Joe can own. Those suckers are works of Art.

ken

Brian Holcombe
12-27-2015, 9:24 AM
Thanks Ken! I feel the same way, I'm always amazed that they can produce work at this level and provide it at such a reasonable cost.

I look at them at think about how 'on' someone must be in order to produce at that level for that cost and it is mind blowing.

Kees Heiden
12-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Hmm, nice Brian. Or better indeed: beautifull.

Bill McNiel
12-27-2015, 3:15 PM
Patrick must have been REALLY GOOD this year.

Reinis Kanders
12-27-2015, 6:49 PM
What are you going to use the green monster for? Is that a molding plane:)

Guess i was a really really good boy this year.

The green machine was a gift to myself. I purchased it a couple weeks ago but it still feels like a christmas gift.