PDA

View Full Version : Just hello.

al heitz
12-22-2015, 3:28 PM
New arrival here. Foraged through here a few times over the last couple years and decided to move into the neighborhood. Thought I would say hi. Sort of a wood buster and sawdust maker trying to learn things I never had time for before. Don't enjoy being a couch potato now that I'm retired, so using some of that time to learn new skills. No major projects - just small stuff.

Keith Outten
12-22-2015, 3:41 PM
Welcome to The Creek Al.

Prashun Patel
12-22-2015, 3:54 PM
Sort of a wood buster and sawdust maker.

Ain't we all? Ain't we all.

Welcome. I hope this place inspires you to trade your plain remote for rebate plane.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2015, 3:58 PM
Welcome to the Creek Al! Wade right in the water's fine!

Jim Koepke
12-22-2015, 4:46 PM
Howdy Al and welcome to the Creek. I am always curious as to where people call home, what part of this ball of mud do you call home?

If you are along the west coast, you just have to step outside to see why so many call it a ball of mud.

jtk

Michael Weber
12-22-2015, 9:31 PM
Greetings from Arkansas Al. I've been working my way up to wood buster for some time now. Maybe some day.

Steve Schlumpf
12-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the Creek Al!

Bruce Page
12-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Welcome Al. I retired 5 years ago, I don't miss being a working stiff one bit.

Frederick Skelly
12-23-2015, 6:26 AM
Welcome Al. Glad to have you with us!

Fred

Al Launier
12-23-2015, 7:51 AM
Glad to have you aboard & to read of your experiences.
If you don't mind my saying so, enjoy learning the use of tools, the woods, finishing, and the various woodworking techniques that appear on this site as many will offer good advice. However, if your intent is to pass the time during winters, as was my intent when I retired years ago, it'll be easy to make this a year round passtime. Let this be an enjoyable experience, not something that turns into a job, unless that is what you want. You can burn yourself out if you try to do too much at a time.

Randy Red Bemont
12-23-2015, 9:25 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Red

al heitz
12-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Jim and others,

I'm sittng here on northern edge of Cincinnati, Ohio. Spent 47+ years in deaf education at a non-public school - variety of overlapping jobs and hats, including high school teacher; public relations, fundraising, and school photographer; also food service director - sort of typical for career with non-profit charitable organization. Now trying to learn skills I never had to for while teaching and raising a family.