PDA

View Full Version : Busy Weekend

Bill Lewis
09-05-2005, 3:49 PM
Gotta' love these long weekends (I had Friday off too!) I did a bunch of errands on Friday to get enough things to keep me busy all weekend long. I really didn't want to go out again this weekend as I'm boycotting driving as much as possible due to the gas situation. Just doing my part to reduce the demand. :(

1st Picture:
I had to ultimately go to two home depots, but I got enough stuff to put up a lumber rack in the shop. I used the heavey duty shelf standards, and brackets. I used all 20" brackets, but I'm not sure that was the best way to go. I was able to put up a bunch of planed lumber, but it is no way going to satisfy all of my lumber storage needs.

2nd picture:
I also have been working on a table. I have been working on the legs on and off for the last couple of weeks, mosty getting them cut out from this big chunk of cherry. I wanted to make the legs out of solid cherry not glue ups. I was able to get 4 legs out of the 7 I cut that were useable. The picture is actually what I have left over. It used to be about 8.5 feet long.

3rd Picture:
Lots of cherry "shims" from making tapers on the legs, and a couple of the "unusable" legs I used them for test cuts instead.

4th picture:
Here are the legs and skirt in a dry fit, all mortised together.
BTW, I borrowed the design from Richard Danckaert, he posted these pictures in this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=18746) I have made several changes so far. I really like the detail he did at the top of the legs, but I can't decide if I am going to use them or not.

Richard Wolf
09-05-2005, 4:20 PM
Looks like you got some work done and a nice looking table to boot.

Richard

Jim Becker
09-05-2005, 8:33 PM
Looks like that's going to be a lovely table, Bill!

Corey Hallagan
09-05-2005, 8:38 PM
First Bill, I don't think I have ever seen pics of your shop. Very nice Bill, great looking, neat organized shop space. Very usefull lumber rack, don't have room for one of them in my shop/closet :) Lastly the table looks great! Thanks for posting the pics!

Corey

Roy Wall
09-05-2005, 9:23 PM
Like others have said.....

Nice shop and beautiful work - looks great!!!