PDA

View Full Version : Table made from "leftovers"

steven c newman
12-21-2015, 9:56 PM
That were re-arranged into a small table
Legs are 2x2x20" that were resawn from an Oak slab, then turned.
Top is Walnut, as are the aprons. Dowels are Poplar.

Finish is Poly Gloss over a Witch's Brew Blend. Was hoping to blend them white legs and the brown top....The Boss has decreed this to be either a Night stand, or a plant stand.....Daughter might get this one for Christmas..SHhhhhhh!:rolleyes:

Reinis Kanders
12-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Pretty nice use of the leftovers!

steven c newman
12-26-2015, 12:02 AM
The Boss has decided that since she has a small, live pine tree/plant......she intends to place that on the new table.....as soon as the fake Christmas Tree is put away. And..a most EMPHATIC "I'm keeping this table!"

Have a few bits and pieces still left over...hmm. As part of the post-Christmas Clean-up, part of my "stash" of wood got used up..
Had to pre-drill( Millers Falls #188A) 9 holes. Used 5 drawer knobs from the spares box, and 4 screws into wall studs(Stanley Handyman #133H) and we have a coat rack. Located at the back door, right over the hot air register. Warmed up coats before one goes out the door/ coats get air dried when they come in. Simple "Honey-do List" item.....wood was just some 1x6 cull cart pine.

Rob Luter
12-28-2015, 8:31 AM
Nice job. I need to dream up a couple projects where I can use up some off cuts and other leftovers. I've got a boat load of them.