PDA

View Full Version : Need help

brian fithian
12-21-2015, 5:40 PM
I have been shut down for a year building a new house and shop. There is a new learning curve because i have forgotten so much. Can anybody help me with: i am trying to make a jig to laser several small pieces at one time but do not want the template to engrave when i run them.

Jack Clague
12-21-2015, 5:59 PM
Move the template to the "guidlines" part of the object manager, this will allow you to see it in corel but not print it when you send it to your control software.

brian fithian
12-21-2015, 6:26 PM
Jack, how do i move it

Mayo Pardo
12-21-2015, 9:26 PM
Brian can you define the jig as a color that you have set up to just indicate positioning?
No power or speed defined for that particular color, but it still sends the color to the printer for positioning.
Trotec software has this as a selection for their colors but I'm not familiar with your Epilog software so can't advise directly.

Braden Todd
12-22-2015, 10:31 AM
If I understand correctly all you need to do is make your jig a hairline outline and in your epilog setup select raster only. Any line over a hairline will engrave, hairlines cut only.

Good luck

Glen Monaghan
12-22-2015, 11:19 AM
I like to have a separate layer for such things, and I typically include processing reminders there (dpi/power/speed for engraving, frequency/power/speed/air for cutting).

Under Tools menu, be sure Object Manager is checked and then, (on my screen at least) at the bottom left of the Object Manager window there is a New Layer button. Click that and label the new layer "Jig" or "Template" if you'd like to make it easier to remember what is going on. Then click on your jig/template object in the Object Manager listing and drag it up to the new layer. Click the small printer icon for the new layer so it is not printable and, finally, you'll probably want to drag the new layer down to below your existing layer so that the template is "underneath" the engraving. That way, when you click on the engraving object(s), they will be on top and you'll select them rather than the template. If you just want to see the template but don't need to select it or align to it with Center/Top/etc., then you can click the jig layer's pencil icon (next to the printer icon you already clicked off) and that layer will become non-selectable.

Should you ever need to recreate the jig, you can turn off the engraving/cutting layer's printer icon and turn on the jig/template layer printer icon. (When I have processing reminders on the jig layer, I usually have them arranged to engrave on an otherwise unused part of the jig.)

brian fithian
12-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Thank you for the advice... Thats what i needed