PDA

View Full Version : Air drying vs. Kiln Drying

David Mealey
12-18-2015, 5:49 PM
Hi Seasoned Sawyers,

I'm new to the site and the avocation. I especially appreciated Scott. S. "Sticky in Process" post. I have a couple of sticks that a local sawyer is going to convert into boards and slabs for me. The largest is a 12' elm trunk that I prematurely sliced the burl off, thinking that a different local sawyer with a Mizer LT40 would cut and tried to size it for his saw. Even without the burls he didn't think he could pick it up as it's at a minimum 36" in diameter and with the crotch over 40". The new sawyer has a Lucas Mill and he assures me that he can do the job. There's a smaller piece of maple about 22" width and 8' long.

I have plenty of indoor or outdoor space to set up for drying, including a 15'x20" insulated, ventilated and if needed heated room that I use primarily for drying my turnings. The only downside is that it is only accessible through a standard 32" door. I also have a covered carport that would provide ample protection for the elements.

My first question is should I start the stacks and drying outside to get to the recommended 10-12% MC and then move indoors to get below 10%? As vs. starting and staying indoors with appropriate ventilation.

I intend to get some table slabs out of the elm and quarter saw the maple. Do the same % of shrinkage (height and width) apply to both pieces? I'm thinking the table slabs at the end of drying should be 6/4 and the maple 4/4 to get the most out of the wood.

Thanks for your help and answers. My short term goals are to have some fun with the wood and make the kitchen table I promised my wife 10 yrs. ago and long term maybe grow into being able to sell some seasoned wood to the local yocals.

David M.

Scott T Smith
12-19-2015, 7:13 AM
Hi Seasoned Sawyers,

I'm new to the site and the avocation. I especially appreciated Scott. S. "Sticky in Process" post. I have a couple of sticks that a local sawyer is going to convert into boards and slabs for me. The largest is a 12' elm trunk that I prematurely sliced the burl off, thinking that a different local sawyer with a Mizer LT40 would cut and tried to size it for his saw. Even without the burls he didn't think he could pick it up as it's at a minimum 36" in diameter and with the crotch over 40". The new sawyer has a Lucas Mill and he assures me that he can do the job. There's a smaller piece of maple about 22" width and 8' long.

I have plenty of indoor or outdoor space to set up for drying, including a 15'x20" insulated, ventilated and if needed heated room that I use primarily for drying my turnings. The only downside is that it is only accessible through a standard 32" door. I also have a covered carport that would provide ample protection for the elements.

My first question is should I start the stacks and drying outside to get to the recommended 10-12% MC and then move indoors to get below 10%? As vs. starting and staying indoors with appropriate ventilation.

I intend to get some table slabs out of the elm and quarter saw the maple. Do the same % of shrinkage (height and width) apply to both pieces? I'm thinking the table slabs at the end of drying should be 6/4 and the maple 4/4 to get the most out of the wood.

Thanks for your help and answers. My short term goals are to have some fun with the wood and make the kitchen table I promised my wife 10 yrs. ago and long term maybe grow into being able to sell some seasoned wood to the local yocals.

David M.

David, the drying process for lumber, be it in a kiln or air, should start off slow and can be exponentially increased as the boards lose moisture content. For that reason, it is usually best to start your air drying process out of doors but under cover. Starting the drying process in the fall or winter is also best due to the reduced drying rate. This is particularly important when drying thick slabs.

So your best approach is to stack and sticker your lumber under your carport and than move it inside when it has dried below 25% mc. You can certainly leave it outside until it dries to a mc% lower than 25, but it is not necessary.

Drying related shrinkage varies based upon species and grain orientation. In general, slabs milled from the canter of a log will shrink 2x the amount in thickness as compared with slabs milled from the outer portion of the log. Typically a good shrinkage estimate is 1/8" shrinkage per inch of thickness (12%) for quartersawn / center milled slabs, and 1/16" for flatsawn.

Slabs have their own unique drying challenges and extra thickness should be allowed for drying related movement. Additionally extra thickness should be incorporated into the green milling thickness based upon slab width because of the impact of cupping. As an example, a 24" wide slab milled green at 2-1/2" will probably shrink to 2-1/8" in drying, and will probably S2S in the 1-5/8" to 1-3/4" range. A 36" wide slab may not fully clean up at the same thickness due to the potential for greater wood movement due to the slab width, and thus should be milled green at 3" to allow adequate room for S2S after drying.

Extremely clear logs with straight grain doe not need as much safety margin in milling as compared with logs with a lot of knots or grain directional changes caused by limbs intersecting the pith, etc.

Depending upon the prevalence of wood boring insects in your area, you might want to consider treating your lumber IMMEDIATELY after milling with a 15% solution of Timbor. It is most effective when applied while the lumber has the highest MC%, which is fresh from the sawmill. We treat our slabs the same day as they were milled, and in many instances within the first 30 minutes after being milled.

Cody Colston
12-20-2015, 3:04 PM
Scott pretty much has you covered. I just want to add that whether air dried or kiln dried, the wood should still be brought to a ~7% MC before using for indoor furnishings. A kiln will get it there quicker but if air dried to EMC and then brought into a heated space, it will eventually reach that value.

Slabs, especially, need to air dry slowly to that ~20% MC before further, faster drying happens. Most of the degrade when drying lumber occurs in the initial stages of drying.

BTW, be prepared for that Elm to move a lot when it dries. It's pretty wood but likes to be contrary. :D

David Mealey
12-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Scott pretty much has you covered. I just want to add that whether air dried or kiln dried, the wood should still be brought to a ~7% MC before using for indoor furnishings. A kiln will get it there quicker but if air dried to EMC and then brought into a heated space, it will eventually reach that value.

Slabs, especially, need to air dry slowly to that ~20% MC before further, faster drying happens. Most of the degrade when drying lumber occurs in the initial stages of drying.

BTW, be prepared for that Elm to move a lot when it dries. It's pretty wood but likes to be contrary. :D

Thanks both Scott and Cody,

I'm in the NW just outside of Ptld and we are in a "El Nino" winter pattern, lots of rain for the unforseeable future. It sounds like the elm slabs should definitely sit under the carport until the MC % is appropriate. Would you recommend the same for the quartersawn maple?

I have a ton of questions but I'll start with a another relatively simple. Do you have a moisture meter reader you recommend? A quick internet search brings up the Delmhorst models in the $200-$300 range. What are you guys using?

On another note eventually I'd like to be able to saw my own boards and slabs. There is a local Woodmizer dealer in town here and I've looked at some of their rigs and liked what I saw. In fact, there is a used LT40 with 42 horse (I think) diesel motor for sale close by with over 2400 hrs on it, asking price 25K. Before I contact the owner to have a look does that sound like a reasonable? I'm guessing the same hydraulic model new would be over 40K.

David M.

Cody Colston
12-21-2015, 10:18 AM

I'm in the NW just outside of Ptld and we are in a "El Nino" winter pattern, lots of rain for the unforseeable future. It sounds like the elm slabs should definitely sit under the carport until the MC % is appropriate. Would you recommend the same for the quartersawn maple?

It's not a big concern now with the cooler temps but Maple should be dried fairly quickly to preserve the bright color of the wood. Once the weather starts to warm, you might want to move it to a kiln. Scott or one of the guys with more drying experience can probably advise better than me.

I have a ton of questions but I'll start with a another relatively simple. Do you have a moisture meter reader you recommend? A quick internet search brings up the Delmhorst models in the $200-$300 range. What are you guys using?

I use a Lignomat Mini ED. It's a pin meter. To check the core MC, I sill cut off a board one foot or more from the end and then rip it in two and check the long grain at the core.

On another note eventually I'd like to be able to saw my own boards and slabs. There is a local Woodmizer dealer in town here and I've looked at some of their rigs and liked what I saw. In fact, there is a used LT40 with 42 horse (I think) diesel motor for sale close by with over 2400 hrs on it, asking price 25K. Before I contact the owner to have a look does that sound like a reasonable? I'm guessing the same hydraulic model new would be over 40K.

Woodmizer would be the one to advise on the value of a used mill but to me $25,000 seems a bit high for that number of hours. There was an LT40 hydraulic along with a twin-blade edger advertised here recently for $22,000

David M.

Sawing ones own lumber is very rewarding and band sawmills hold their value extremely well. Mine is not a Woodmizer but they are the most popular brand and their customer support is outstanding from what I read.

Danny Hamsley
12-23-2015, 8:58 PM
A good moisture meter is a good investment. You get what you pay for in moisture meters.

Mel Fulks
12-24-2015, 10:48 AM
In general the kiln drying makes a more stable product. Moves less than air dried. Industry specs usually state kiln dried ,not a meter reading.

Art Mann
12-24-2015, 12:58 PM
In places like historic Williamsburg, Virginia you can view exquisite furniture that was made in the late 1700's and it has looked great for over 2 centuries. Obviously, that wood wasn't kiln dried. With that observaton, I have a hard time believing that kiln dried wood is inherently superior to air dried.

Mel Fulks
12-24-2015, 1:48 PM
I don't call kiln dried superior ,air dried is often perceived as easier to cut with hand tools. Done some tests myself with wood from SAME board ;some air dried and some kiln dried. Results are in here somewhere. I am surprised that some find no difference beyond what a moisture meter shows. The places I've worked had meters and used them but would not buy any air dried wood,said they were prohibited from using it. And when you are prohibited from using it your experiences with it are not sought.

Marty Schlosser
12-24-2015, 3:18 PM
Mel,

I won't argue with you as to whether air dried lumber hand machines more easily, as I guess we each have our personal experiences on that issue. However, if you're into steam bending or bent laminating, air dried lumber is consistently more flexible and less prone to splitting than kiln dired lumber of the same species.

I don't call kiln dried superior ,air dried is often perceived as easier to cut with hand tools. Done some tests myself with wood from SAME board ;some air dried and some kiln dried. Results are in here somewhere. I am surprised that some find no difference beyond what a moisture meter shows. The places I've worked had meters and used them but would not buy any air dried wood,said they were prohibited from using it. And when you are prohibited from using it your experiences with it are not sought.

Mel Fulks
12-24-2015, 5:37 PM
Certainly agree ,Marty. I once worked for a guy who insisted on trying to steam bend some kiln dried birch. Told him it wouldn't work...but who gets tired of saying "I told you so"?

Scott T Smith
12-24-2015, 9:40 PM

David M.

David, I use pin type meters from Delmhorst and pinless from Merlin. They both make professional grade instruments. The best meters allow you to enter the temperature and species of your lumber for the most accurate reading.

I would recommend that you air dry all of the lumber first out of doors, and only move it inside when the MC% is below 25%.

Woodmizer makes great sawmills, and their LT40H is an industry standard. You won't go wrong with one. 25K is about right for a used LT40H diesel mill with 2,400 hours on it; perhaps a tad high.

Art, I would not classify kiln dried lumber as being "inherently superior" to air dried. However, kiln drying has two significant benefits over AD lumber. The first benefit is that the kiln operator can sterilize the lumber at the end of the kiln cycle. With air dried, if you have any unwanted pests such as powder post beetles they can stay hidden in the lumber for several years.

The second major benefit of KD lumber over AD has to do with the way that moisture is distributed within the cells inside the lumber. Moisture within lumber is typically contained in two ways called Bound Water and Free Water. Free water is that which is contained within the cavaties of the cells themselves, whereas bound water is that which is contained within the cell walls. Bound water is much more difficult to remove from lumber than free water, and when wood is kiln dried down to 6% - 8% MC it loses both free and bound water until it arrives at this MC%. If it is exposed to higher RH% and equalizes back up to 14% or so MC%, the part of the cell that typically regains water is the cell cavity - not the cell wall. Thus the lumber - when moved into a dry environment such as a workshop or home will lose the free water fairly quickly.

When you air dry lumber, in most parts of the US it will only dry down to 12% - 16% MC. This means that the lumber will have to release the more difficult bound water once it is brought into an indoor environment to dry further, which will require significantly more time to acclimate as compared with kiln dried lumber that has regained some moisture post drying.

James White
12-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Hi Scott,

Are there estimates for the different species of air dried to go from say 14% down to EMC when moved indoors? Say between 8-10%?

James

Cody Colston
12-25-2015, 12:23 PM
In places like historic Williamsburg, Virginia you can view exquisite furniture that was made in the late 1700's and it has looked great for over 2 centuries. Obviously, that wood wasn't kiln dried. With that observaton, I have a hard time believing that kiln dried wood is inherently superior to air dried.

Yes, and for every piece in historic Williamsburg or other museums, there are probably a thousand pieces that didn't survive because the wood was not sufficiently dry when it was built. There's a reason museums are humidity controlled.

I use kiln dried wood for indoor furniture but I dry it in a solar kiln which mimics air drying. Since the RH is lower (due to the heating) it reaches a lower value...7% is my target. If you live in a modern, air-conditioned/heated home the RH will be much lower than the average outdoors. Why not dry the wood to that EMC before working it and risking failure due to excessive movement? Kiln dry it or bring it into an environment with avg. 35% RH. It doesn't matter how it achieves the ~7% MC, just that it is is achieved prior to building with the wood.

Kiln dired and air dried are misleading descriptions. Construction lumber is kiln dried but only to about 20% MC. Air dried lumber can be just about any value, depending on where it is dried. Where I live, it will dry to around 12%. In the mountain west or Mojave desert, it may dry to 8%. South Florida is probably closer to the 16% EMC. Wood will reach equilibrium with it's environment so the most astute practice is to build with the wood at the EMC where it will reside. In modern homes, that is around 7% on average.

It's better to talk in terms of MC than air-dried or kiln-dried. As for sterilization, all kilns don't get hot enough to sterilize the wood, just as all kilns do not steam the wood.

Cody Colston
12-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Hi Scott,

Are there estimates for the different species of air dried to go from say 14% down to EMC when moved indoors? Say between 8-10%?

James

I haven't run across any data showing drying time for various species, except as it relates to the safe drying rate. I think the time to acclimate from 14% to 8% would mostly be a factor of the lumber thickness and the method sawn...QS lumber takes longer to dry.

Dennis Ford
12-25-2015, 1:40 PM
I haven't run across any data showing drying time for various species, except as it relates to the safe drying rate. I think the time to acclimate from 14% to 8% would mostly be a factor of the lumber thickness and the method sawn...QS lumber takes longer to dry.

Thickness is the most important factor, 2" thick takes much more than twice as long to dry compared to 1" thick. I don't have data to back it up but believe some species will dry faster than others. Eastern Red Cedar seems to dry quickly (and tolerates fast drying), White Oak drys very slowly.

Danny Hamsley
12-25-2015, 9:54 PM
I actually did an experiment with 7/8" thick planed red oak that was 13.5% moisture content air dried. I was using it to make wainscott paneling in a bathroom re-model. I stickered the red oak in a corner of the living room, and measured the initial moisture content (13.5%). Then every several days I measured the moisture content of the top stickered boards with a pinless Wagner moisture meter and wrote the date the M% on the boards. I measured each board in exactly the same place each time. The experiment began in late March in Middle Georgia. After about 5 - 6 weeks , the moisture content measured 10%, and stayed at about that level until late August, when I finish planed it and installed it into the bathroom. When I installed it, it was at equilibrium, and a bit less than 10% moisture content. During the vast majority of this time (95%) the air conditioner in the house was running (it gets awful hot in the summer in Georgia). Hopefully, this will help answer your question.

The moisture content dropped quickly during the first few weeks, then fell more slowly and leveled out. After 2 months, the moisture content change was minimal. I graphed it, but was unsuccessful in attaching the graph. I could e-mail it to you if you would like.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAt4AAAHvCAIAAAD sOE dAAAgAElEQVR4nO3dvXErSfK1cUSsuMqIK64wBqyMGIEx0ljC BuwBqwJNODaMCLl1w8aw1dAEwQSja7KxjndieLzk2buBSurqw5 QefHFw3/ 858DAABAAVNb8gkAAFDA1KHsPQ0AAIDPT1oTAABQCq0JAAAohN YEAAAUQmsCAAAKoTUBAACF0JoAAIBCaE0AAEAhtCYAAKAQWhMA AFAIrQkAACiE1gQAABRCawIAAAqhNQEAAIXQmgAAgEJoTQAAQC G0JgAAoBBaEwAAUAitCQAAKITWBAAAFEJr4vbxdjx8Ob59 Aq9v05VXt9n/lc17OrbPHJ7k bWPDTPy9GDm2L BemvUGNz9piFsubdsWos7zoLkX7ggs4rsueyfE3i7l3T tiNW1Me9p7GuK7vzc58b9yavL9 /8FztibtrXG1Jjdj0ppUmAWtSUMr0isuKg65VwdAa1LNFIi9pzG smzuz7wFpu8e86aKe8LH1kntr2o/jWz7a0Zps64e2JtnL h5x5 WgNalmysXe0xjV Z73 lro38XPUcfMvjXfBd7n/3zTJaQ12dbYrcnNOf0d6twRfn/EjdGaVENr4nR5OjUfksI/SWbvCku3WX5B53IqV6NMY1z92d3XGq5fFj7//L3St ZfbLp6gLo7k5k1uJzTysfEpa2Jf3Hx/ f/vFv2XmvyOfNvxVyhkILZQMX30ahbk9mruzloVqfuahbN9wQtL0 j3rj0Uy95VvPsXjft/34LPjXRnvj0puvcjM8t35264UGXuYWL24uZrPn4f6Zj nb wrTDOplXbexpjun40Wbpf33mm9CrMrdt0tiad5od9tDW5cxIvT m7h0epwOByOxzX/7urbmrsdw/Xl95QIGm8Mul/ogaTcn83S1DJXd7816TTz9qUZjVMiTqt711bHMrOKs39x72ovb tPZmtydc3LRZnU8a3L5N40qS61Jx4I8dh J lsT6wrjbFqxvacxpMV/hM3e8PwXt49f7dv0tyZzj7w3f3bzIHH3Dxqn2czLyUtnwO2D09 x5NfMQlmlNOrdmoWNoP8YstibhL3sL3Y65tBvnP0u9huRqTVKp uzp4FiLRsyDdu7Y2lotj3XV7DXPH38KVzi347dUvjb6UojnNTn O2MVmq0mhplhbkofvIje7WxLvCOJvWa 9pjGghw/MH4NL9uuM2va3JzOPC0mPFg63J7Pvc7p8Bc/9MXGjYLv8w0Zr0bs3djqGnVl9rchqps9Ds4 fXHy6tZebthp7WJJm6Oytwb52WFqR/11bGcnmsuxbuT4tL2deaLOxe16LNarUmc/fL5Spzq9m5IA/cR3oXZe4vvCuMs2mV957GgObuYMv/RljIbM9tOluTi9Kz02n KyHTmtw5EbuetOh7cF7zXpPurWk8MbVM8qzJ/KPzrGnid bYP3VLa5JNXesyTrfrWpD S18Xy8ZYd8UiYXaxzgOvoF3PtG/RZvW8Pjf35Nj9KjOr2bsgD9xHFvar2Zp4Vxhn03LtPY3xtB6aO l8NWX bAq3J3X9grDsDuk6rDuu3RteaLG/WqofdO0P1zGZpapmr2641Of1x14Ls3JrEot2ZCkvS V6T 4vS f6fpUVauvbwJEZnlZkRexfkgfvIjO7WxLvCOJtWa 9pDGfNS82DPWuy8Dz6rq1JYmtsrUlr4MbDbtfxsdGzJn1PdJmf NVmcau3WJP2sSe9kbg/IzKLNWrz267/srOJ71iR5dfcerTZeYZxNS7r3NEbTPv4WDsC5P y4zVatycwdb6lbmXsUW3kGZDugWZmt8bQmFzNIFpr7457W0fle k9kXwIStydK94oEF6bnyTVqT1hG7tJTz4X9/vfP2i4XHkgc2PY6QqqJ4r8mK 8jCpd17fiTE0LTCOJuWa 9pjGXxHPj y4WH4YVj e5tNm9NFp6DbfQLa8 A20W4OOa7WpPc1mhak7vuL C9QjcLsPjQPrdKidbkjjjFpb1QtCZzBW7b oUFKd6azD0izMW0Z8Fnhpq5M3alaE7Pe03u71Z3GPoW5KH7SPr abh79PCuMs2kB957GUBr/Qp0L9537xVWOW7fZqjUJZ9fxLfOVa6dhV58BM2uQ l6T5NZYW5PsswFzi3 1qq0bdU69szWZu93NXmhak8VLaC9I9dak/eaF/gVfSN3skiyUm9HRmiSr3FnNngV58D6Surr5JyAfvHYsmpZs72m MpP3c fxzCiHysyleus1mrUmYxmv8OtXFs 2x1uTzevirwTru9tmtcbUm9x9Muwpdjzx/3Ze3mekeF/S2JuGmx7eP2y3TvNckXktyQeq3JjMXMT/Z5oLf3uzuXHtStPgjN1ZUSbyVo3sh117d9aj9G6FcYZxNy7b3N IC1Eq0JAOAJ0JrgaSy FEZnAgCDoDXB88i8RgIAeFK0JnguM2 FoC0BgJHQmgAAgEJoTQAAQCG0JgAAoBBaEwAAUAitCQAAKITWB AAAFEJrAgAACqE1AQAAhdCaAACAQmhNAABAIbQmAACgEFoTAAB QCK0JAAAohNYEAAAUQmsCAAAKoTUBAACF0JoAAIBCaE0AAEAht CYAAKAQWhMAAFBI3dbk/fVwOByObx8Xf/bxdjxce33fbYIAAECvamtyakxia/L1p7QmAAAMqmJrctmAXLUmpydNrrsVAAAwkmqtyfklm PxGFuT6e94ogQAgHFVbE2Obx/nPuSyNYkv59CjAAAwnGqtydlta3L7Hlhe3AEAYDRP1Jpcf2Tn6 ykUnjoBAGAkT9SaZG/w fn5 fLycvkkyz// c//AQAAtf/ 97 qDuB5WpPpaZLzsyRr3hR7OBz HwAAUPvf//6n6gCepzX56k2mP7n v060JgAAOPzM1mTufbDJd5rQmgAA4PBDW5PP6 5kxadzaE0AAHD4Ca2JBa0JAAAOtCYr0ZoAAOBAa7ISrQkAAA60 JivRmgAA4EBrshKtCQAADrQmK9GaAADgQGuyEq0JAAAOtCYr0Z oAAOBAa7ISrQkAAA60JivRmgAA4EBrshKtCQAADj iNTn9auE7vyhn8S/vozUBAMDhB7Qmp97jTvex JdLaE0AAHAYvDX56jzudB/ff01rAgBACQO3Jh9vx6ntOB5nu4/zDWhNAACoYvDW5Pj2cW5BQvdx tPj2xvvNQEAoI6BW5OzudbkqzH54G2wAABU8jNbk lPXt8/ YQOAACl/MjW5NSNvL5f/E 7NXl5eTkAAACzn9iaXH5s58rUrHQ58KwJAAAGtCa0JgAAFPITW 5NrvNcEAIBCaE1oTQAAKOQntCYWtCYAADjQmqxEawIAgAOtyUq 0JgAAONCarERrAgCAA63JSrQmAAA40JqsRGsCAIADrclKtCYAA DjQmqx0utg///zz169fe28iAADjoDVZ6fzt9r///vvemwgAwDhoTVa6/N07e28iAADjoDVZidYEAACHH9GazP6anMvfP5z5lcMTWhMAABx QGvy1YNctiaXfcm67oTWBAAAh8Fbk8sW5KI1mf741I5c/U83WhMAABwGbk0 3o5TT3I8zrygc0ZrAgBAHYO3Jse3j3OPMtOafHcvd9qW 2hNAABwGLg1OetoTfK9Ca0JAAAOP7s1OVn1ig6tCQAADrQmn3c XBy9vLwcAACA2Y9sTeLTJF2tSXC5iHv3lwAAjONHtiZfbzE5/cnX//GCDgAA /uRrcnl 1 /ZN8HS2sCAIDDD21NPq 7E76oHgCAIn5Ca2JBawIAgAOtyUq0JgAAONCarERrAgCAA63JS rQmAAA40JqsRGsCAIADrclKtCYAADjQmqxEawIAgAOtyUq0JgA AONCarERrAgCAA63JStnW5O ///7rr79Ot//zzz9//fpl3lkAAJ4SrclK2dbkjz/ uPyR33//3byzAAA8pR/Rmry/Hg6Lv0NnxS/RybYmhxvejQUA4Dn9gNbk1JhctyZff3Yh2Z3QmgAA4DB4a3LZg ly0JtMfT93I9H/hWZUGWhMAABwGbk3Or9gcj8fr1uO6M7n9/x60JgAAOAzemhzfPs49yt1nRVp/P4vWBAAAh4Fbk7Pl1uPryRXeawIAQAE/vDU5v iT/ogOrQkAAA4/uTXJ9SUvLy 37QUAAND6sa3J udLTi4XsacHvF36cIPz18XyXbEAgJ/sh7YmXx8qXtmXfBpak8uvi W7YgEAP9aPbE2uvgj2274fHl7 WwAAfoif2Jrc6UxoTQAA2N9PaE0saE0AAHCgNVmJ1gQAAAdak5 V2bE34LA8AYGC0Jivt2JrwWR4AwMBoTVbasTXpvyUAAE H1mQlWhMAABxoTVaiNQEAwIHWZCVaEwAAHGhNVqI1AQDAgdZkJ VoTAAAcaE1WojUBAMDhR7Qmp98zfPmbh3v ahmtCQAADj gNTl1H7P9x8JftdCaAADgMHhr8tV7zPQfC3/Vg9YEAACHgVuTj7fj1Hgcj6H/WPirXrQmAAA4DN6aHN8 zo1IaE3u/FUvWhMAABwGbk3OFvoPWhMAAGqhNaE1AQCgEFqT3tbk5eXltr0 AAABatCb3/qrhchF7esDbpVQf9Q63rSe/7//vrrNPKff/7569cv7fgAACyjNaE1ufLHH39cDv77779rxwcAYBmtCa1Jbp4A AFjRmtCa5OYJAIDVT2hNLGhNAABwoDVZidYEAAAHWpOVaE0AAH CgNVmJ1gQAAAdak5VoTQAAcKA1WYnWBAAAB1qTlWhNAABwoDVZ idYEAAAHWpOVaE0AAHCgNVmJ1gQAAAdak5VoTQAAcPgRrcn76 Fw 4tyTn96OBwOh9f39Ji0JgAAOOzbmlx0B2vag1yRq9bksvKq8rQ mD/r777// uuvw Hw559//vr1y1QFAPB0tmxN3l vn7j4eDue/ D91dKbXHYgF8WvfuHwut8 TGvyoD/ONc4vfffzdVAQA8nS1bk6kHOHw/RXHROSQ7gw7ncsdj6D1CMzL9b641ojXRFjJVAQA8nT1e0PluSG wv4nx njqO49vHzNMisReZfy/KMloTbSFTFQDA09nzvSbnFkX/jMmVm9ZkKhxak1yjRGuiLWSqgvqs7zo6D24aH4DDpq3J9ys6M8 9h J5CoTVJoDXBxqzvOroc3DE AIdt3wZ7Pv0v3wFrp3lB5 Xl5fbYBgAAWrs9a2J9m8lsWd4GK5mnqZCpCuobI88AhH7CV67d fjqYDw vn6epkKkK6hsjzwCEfmZrwleurZ nqZCpCuobI88I E5FPOKntiaffFH9ynmaCpmqoL4x8oyA71TEI35Ca2KRfbBrPkT 2P4CO8VDOgYGTMfKMgGUvruDTWpdT r// z/xYa0arrjsva75ENl/Tx7joZxHLpyMkWcELHtxBZ/WupzSv/71L/FhrRquuOy9rvkQ2X9PHuOhnEcunIyRZwQse3EFNyhMSXxYd932 5l2om36aWCG7qc2HyP6gWCPVnKepkKkK6hsjzwhYdgfhtxsX3K AwJfFh3XHLmcaE1qQ/KNZINedpKmSqgvrGyDMClt1B O3GBTcoTEl8WHfc8v3V/ntz7LKb2nyI7A KNVLNeZoKmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmJD uem368HZ/tWZIou6nNSPUHxRopYfRThUxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KUxId1x y15QWfmp/qDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFK4sO645a0JjM/1R8Ua6SE0U8VMlVBfWPkGQHL7iDMc8ENClMSH9aq4YrLbmozUv 1BsUZKGP1UIVMV1DdGnhGw7A7CPBfcoDAl8WGtGq647KY2I9Uf FGukhNFPFTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTEh/W92/w/no4vW5T4gWdi0ms bRQdlObkeoPijVSzXmaCpmqoL4x8oyAZXcQ5rngBoUpqc765nB 1WpPpF/5dSHcn2U1tRqo/KNZINedpKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmpDrvxcMZTa3R1I7c cXEDdlNbUaqPyjWSAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpqQ68MX D dz0IqdWJfe0TXZTm5HqD4o1UsLopwqZqqC MfKMgGV3EOa54AaFKalOfPFwPndak9zTJtlNbUaqPyjWSAmjny pkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpqQ68cXDGc2 oJN82iS7qc1I9QfFGilh9FOFTFVQ3xh5RsCyOwjzXHCDwpRUB7 54OKfbt8EeDrQmffM0FTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTUp334uHcvj8m9Pr2djw0X9B5eXm5jQUAAJBTnfX9 w8XfPLz3byLmbbCJeZoKmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmpDviO4e ZfSDnZ8HtNrt8HO/1fsn52U5uR6g KNVLNeZoKmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmpDvyu4e42J5t GSxfubZ nqZCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqq875/uL1fwPn8vO5O1rRF2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmpDrsxcMVl93UZqT6g2 KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSuLDuuu2M79FZ tf7/eg7KY2I9UfFGukhNFPFTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTEh/WHbfc/df7CWQ3tRmp/qBYIyWMfqqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJL4sO64ZYX3mjwqu6n NSPUHxRopYfRThUxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KUxId1z00/3o7P9ixJlN3UZqT6g2KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSu LDuuOWvKAz81P9QbFGShj9VCFTFdQ3Rp4RsOwOwjwX3KAwJfFh 3XFLWpOZn oPijVSwuinCpmqoL4x8oyAZXcQ5rngBoUpiQ9r1XDFZTe1Gan oFgjJYx qpCpCuobI88IWHYHYZ4LblCYkviwVg1XXHZTm5HqD4o1UsLopw qZqqC MfKMgGV3EOa54AaFKYkP685bf72o8/r nO JzW5qM1L9QbFGShj9VCFTFdQ3Rp4RsOwOwjwX3KAwJfFh3XPTi zebvL6v b2/ 8tuajNS/UGxRkoY/VQhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXxYd1xy6/vNfl6vuTj7bh9b3L5XtwVX7KS3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqrO f7jYmry/Hp7uVw9nN7UZqf6gWCMljH6qkKkK6hsjzwhYdgdhngtuUJiS6r hPDLf3r9CZ6p/aka82JTeD7KY2I9UfFGukhNFPFTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTUp33ueGunrfY58WcrydKpqnQmnTN01TIVAX1jZFn BCy7gzDPBTcoTEl13ouHc5qakatnTZKv6GQ3tRmp/qBYIyWMfqqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJLqvO8fLv56vz1 3V94TSn9vE12U5uR6g KNVLC6KcKmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmpDvuO4W7fffpt2xd1b t7tki2f3dRmpPqDYo1Uc56mQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqtO a7i7zckeb4Odal7/3z0vLy/zMwcAAFKq875/uD1ewIn1Dxe9SF9vcu1yBVf0g7c/tfy36265QnOepkKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSqoDXzycUfi48N VHiXtlN7UZqf6gWCMljH6qkKkK6hsjzwhYdgdhngtuUJiS6sDP DLfzF5vMvayUrJ/d1Gak oNijVRznqZCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqq875/uJnGZN8vql9RPLupzUj1B8UaqeY8TYVMVVDfGHlGwLI7CPNccI PClFRnff9we7/XRCG7qc1I9QfFGilh9FOFTFVQ3xh5RsCyOwjzXHCDwpTEh3XPT b9 ec4Ty25qM1L9QbFGShj9VCFTFdQ3Rp4RsOwOwjwX3KAwJfFh3X HLEi/oPCi7qc1I9QfFGilh9FOFTFVQ3xh5RsCyOwjzXHCDwpTEh3XHL WlNZn6qPyjWSAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rFXDFZfd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUriw1o1XHHZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo58 qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKYkPqw7b3351SLP Gmd7KY2I9UfFGukhNFPFTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTEh/WPTe9fbPJ03Un2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6sO275/nq4ettr/P9nkN3UZqT6g2KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSuLDuuO WtCYzP9UfFGukhNFPFTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTEh/WPTfd VfoKGQ3tRmp/qBYIyWMfqqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJL4sO689dVv2Nu4L5n 9XpXkLLKb2oxUf1CskWrO01TIVAX1jZFnBCy7gzDPBTcoTEl14 IuHM6I1eWCepkKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSqoDv2 499erT N8vB33/nTO1KgkZ5Hd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqqI75juJsu4Pyyzm5vNZmmlK6 f3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqkO OdypD7l5duLUHOzz1MnUGq0ont3UZqT6g2KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjD wjYNkdhHkuuEFhSqpjvjnc3c8I7/bh4bVPmXzSmqgLmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmpzvnmcNVak/VPmXzSmqgLmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmpTvr2cLMv3UwNQvnO 5OXl5TYWAABATnXU9wx352O7O76as/Y9LpezX9EP3v7U8t uu UKzXmaCpmqoL4x8oyAZXcQ5rngBoUpqY763uFie7LTh3MeeJ/J5yetibqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJLqrBcPZ/bQG00 aU3UhUxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KUVIe9eDizR9/ikt3UZqT6g2KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSqrDXjxcc dlNbUaqPyjWSAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rFXDFZfd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUriw1o1XHHZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo58 qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKYkPqxVwxWX3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFK4sNaNVxx2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6sO2/99e0mr 8fb8f9fvHwatlNbUaqPyjWSAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsU piQ rHtuevGta6/vp/95tuYku6nNSPUHxRopYfRThUxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KUxId1 xy3fX0/fdfb1fMnH2/HpepPspjYj1R8Ua6SE0U8VMlVBfWPkGQHL7iDMc8ENClMSH9Yd t4ytyU6/efgh2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6se24681v nqwzoTURFzJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTEh/Wnbeevij 5Nn6kk9aE3UhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXxYa0azu6yOcr3Rt lNbUaqPyjWSAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpqQ66vuHO72e s/qX/ipcPWmzZjbZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo58qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKakOu37hzv1BTu inP9a4end77k5pPd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqq875/uJl3wW7bqQi SiW7qc1I9QfFGilh9FOFTFVQ3xh5RsCyOwjzXHCDwpRU533/cHu3JqcnTY5vb1/zWPHaUnZTm5HqD4o1UsLopwqZqqC MfKMgGV3EOa54AaFKakOfPFwRorWKLupzUj1B8UaKWH0U4VMVV DfGHlGwLI7CPNccIPClFQHvng4o /f33P5v7zXpGuepkKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSqoDv3 4Gi/ofFfs sTQy8vLzKwBAICa6sDvH 4pW5Pgcuor sHbn1r 23W3XKE5T1MhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXVgb9 uPfXjb/kZOpNpqK8oJOZp6mQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJLqvF8/3A6/efjmiRu cq1znqZCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqq075/uL1f0Dm5 EJYPjzcP09TIVMV1DdGnhGw7A7CPBfcoDAl1VHfP9wAv3iY1kR cyFQF9Y2RZwQsu4MwzwU3KExJfFirhisuu6nNSPUHxRopYfRTh UxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KUxId1xy3fX69fQ4n//wyym9qMVH9QrJESRj9VyFQF9Y2RZwQsu4MwzwU3KExJfFgv3eT m9/1eeLKXdLKb2oxUf1CskRJGP1XIVAX1jZFnBCy7gzDPBTcoTEl8 WC/f6G5z8mSdCa2JuJCpCuobI88IWHYHYZ4LblCYkviw7rjlM76AE 2U3tRmp/qBYIyWMfqqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJL4sO678fvr4fX9 0mU52tUspvajFR/UKyREkY/VchUBfWNkWcELLuDMM8FNyhMSXxYd9zy1JAc3z4uPkX8bM1Jdl ObkeoPijVSwuinCpmqoL4x8oyAZXcQ5rngBoUpiQ/rjlt vaDz/no4HI5vHzt8G zDspvajFR/UKyREkY/VchUBfWNkWcELLuDMM8FNyhMSXxYd9xyak2 OpM9vqj YdlNbUaqPyjWSAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rDtuef0V8adXdZ6sM6E1ERcyVUF9Y QZAcvuIMxzwQ0KUxIf1l23/WpOXt93 L3DVzP4xm8e7pqnqZCpCuobI88IWHYHYaASf2AAAB1XSURBVJ4 LblCYkuqwFw9ndvt7fGhNuuZpKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmp Drsm8O9vx7Oz5Pc2vYVnfOHhNYOkN3UZqT6g2KNlDD6qUKmKqh vjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSqrTvjlcodZkejnngZrZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo 58qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKakOu7Fw1nF5ijfo2Q3tRmp/qBYIyWMfqqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJLquBcP5zT3m3ySL 5kN7UZqf6gWCMljH6qkKkK6hsjzwhYdgdhngtuUJiS6rzPDXfZ HWz AZ3TkyZfZb eQkk9dZLd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqq8z4x3O2bTXb9nvqpTVqew8v Ly20sAACAnOqA7x/u/H7YO//vNnVG54pr3hR7uYIr sHbn1r 23W3XKE5T1MhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXVgd8/3N6tyVdvMj1Ncv1/nbKb2oxUf1CskRJGP1XIVAX1jZFnBCy7gzDPBTcoTEl13ieGm/n08B5fa/LIBLKb2oxUf1CskWrO01TIVAX1jZFnBCy7gzDPBTcoTEl13OeG u2oO9vgFOgDze7qc1I9QfFGilh9FOFTFVQ3xh5RsCyOwjzXHCD wpRUZ714uOKym9qMVH9QrJESRj9VyFQF9Y2RZwQsu4MwzwU3KE xJfFirhisuu6nNSPUHxRopYfRThUxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KU xIf1/RvMfj/92R4v6jwgu6nNSPUHxRqp5jxNhUxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KUx If1/RvQmixFoT8o1kg152kqZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKYkPqzv3 C6NXmyViTKbmozUv1BsUZKGP1UIVMV1DdGnhGw7A7CPBfcoDAl 8WHdutmd506erVPJbmozUv1BsUZKGP1UIVMV1DdGnhGw7A7CPB fcoDAl8WGd 6Hvj/A WW S3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFK4sO6dbM7z5rs kt0VshuajNS/UGxRkoY/VQhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXxYX3/BrzXZCkK/UGxRkoY/VQhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXxYX3/BnxCZykK/UGxRqo5T1MhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXxYX3/BrQmS1HoD4o1Us15mgqZqqC MfKMgGV3EOa54AaFKYkPa9VwWzk1TOm3umQ3tRmp/qBYIyWMfqqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJLqjBcPt42vZ3JoTXr naSpkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpqQ65cXDbeH7JSZak955mgqZq qC MfKMgGV3EOa54AaFKanOefFwft/fqUJr0j9PUyFTFdQ3Rp4RsOwOwjwX3KAwJdVJLx7O7dSYHN/eeK9Jap6mQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqrNePJzXV2Pywdtgk/M0FTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTUp324uGcppdyXt8/ YROdp6mQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqvNePJzRqRuZvkiltzV5eXm5jQUAAJBTH fji4XzufvVb5lvfLn9uRT94 1PLf7vulis052kqZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKakOvHFw/nQmjwyT1MhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXViS8ebiu81yQ3T1Mh UxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXVGS8ebiu0Jrl5mgqZqqC MfKMgGV3EOa54AaFKanOePFwxWU3tRmp/qBYIyWMfqqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJL4sFYNV1x2U5uR6g KNVLC6KcKmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmJD2vVcMVlN7UZqf6gW CMljH6qkKkK6hsjzwhYdgdhngtuUJiS LBWDVdcdlObkeoPijVSwuinCpmqoL4x8oyAZXcQ5rngBoUpiQ9 r1XDFZTe1Gan oFgjJYx qpCpCuobI88IWHYHYZ4LblCYkviwVg1XXHZTm5HqD4o1UsLopw qZqqC MfKMgGV3EOa54AaFKYkPa9VwxWU3tRmp/qBYIyWMfqqQqQrqGyPPCFh2B2GeC25QmJL4sFYNV1x2U5uR6g KNVLC6KcKmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmJD2vVcMVlN7UZqf6gW CMljH6qkKkK6hsjzwhYdgdhngtuUJiS LBWDVdcdlObkeoPijVSwuinCpmqoL4x8oyAZXcQ5rngBoUpiQ9 r1XDFZTe1Gan oFgjJYx qpCpCuobI88IWHYHYZ4LblCYkviwVg3ndvn7hzO/cniS3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqrNePJzVZV9yku1OspvajFR/UKyREkY/VchUBfWNkWcELLuDMM8FNyhMSXXci4dzmjqTUzty9T/dspvajFR/UKyREkY/VchUBfWNkWcELLuDMM8FNyhMSXXei4fbDK1Jap6mQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqiNePNwWPt6Op0kf3z6SP5rd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqqc1483BbOrUm N8luajNS/UGxRkoY/VQhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXVOS8ebjurXtHJbmozUv1BsUZ KGP1UIVMV1DdGnhGw7A7CPBfcoDAl1QkvHm5Dp96k8cTJy8vLb SwAAICc6oAXD2cUnybpak2CyxVc0Q/e/tTy36675QrNeZoKmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmpDnzxcEZfbzE 5NSNf/8cLOl3zNBUyVUF9Y QZAcvuIMxzwQ0KU1Id OLhrL7f//ol z7Y7KY2I9UfFGukhNFPFTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTUh334uHcLrsTvqi f56mQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqrNePFxx2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6sVcMVl93UZqT6g2 KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSuLDWjVccdlNbUaqPyjW SAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rFXDFZfd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUriw1o1XHHZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo58 qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKYkPqxVwxWX3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFK4sNaNVxx2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6sVcMVl93UZqT6g2 KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSuLDWjVccdlNbUaqPyjW SAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rFXDFZfd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUriw1o1XHHZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo58 qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKYkPqxVw7ld/Ya//C/RyW5qM1L9QbFGShj9VCFTFdQ3Rp4RsOwOwjwX3KAwJdVZLx7O6 v31ZoeT3Ul2U5uR6g KNVLC6KcKmaqgvjHyjIBldxDmueAGhSmpjnvxcE5TZzJ1I9P/Hd8 EkNkN7UZqf6gWCMljH6qkKkK6hsjzwhYdgdhngtuUJiS6rwXD2 d03Znc/n P7KY2I9UfFGukhNFPFTJVQX1j5BkBy 4gzHPBDQpTUh344uG2M73rhGdNuuZpKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeC GxSmpDrhxcNt5evtsLzXpG epkKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSqozXjzcJs4f00l/RCe7qc1I9QfFGilh9FOFTFVQ3xh5RsCyOwjzXHCDwpRUx7x4OL 9cX/Ly8nIbCwAAIKc66cXDma1/vuTkcgVX9IO3P7X8t tuuUJznqZCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqqw148nNXX95qs7Es aU3UhUxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KUVMe9eDijqy C/caHh3vmaSpkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpqQ68MXD dzpTGhNuuZpKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmpDrxxcMVl93UZqT 6g2KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSuLDWjVccdlNbUaqP yjWSAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rFXDFZfd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUriw1o1XHHZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo58 qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKYkPqxVwxWX3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFK4sNaNVxx2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6sVcMVl93UZqT6g2 KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSuLDWjVccdlNbUaqPyjW SAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rFXDFZfd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUriw1o1XHHZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo58 qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKYkPqxVwxWX3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFK4sNaNVxx2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6sVcNt4/31cDgcjm8f2R/MbmozUv1BsUZKGP1UIVMV1DdGnhGw7A7CPBfcoDAl1SkvHm4Lp 8aE1iQzT1MhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXVOS8ezu2rLTkcaE0 y8zQVMlVBfWPkGQHL7iDMc8ENClNSnfXi4Zw 3o6nyR6Px8OB1iQzT1MhUxXUN0aeEbDsDsI8F9ygMCXVeS8ezu nj7XhqR6Yehdakf56mQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqvNePNwmaE3S8zQVMlVBfWPkGQHL7iDMc 8ENClNSHfPi4TaRaE1eXl5uYwEAAORUx7x4uE3wrEl6nqZCpiq ob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqqY1483CZoTdLzNBUyVUF9Y QZAcvuIMxzwQ0KU1Id8 LhNkFrkp6nqZCpCuobI88IWHYHYZ4LblCYkuqYFw 3CVqT9DxNhUxVUN8YeUbAsjsI81xwg8KUVMe8eLhN0Jqk52kqZ KqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKakOubFwxWX3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFK4sNaNVxx2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6sVcMVl93UZqT6g2 KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSuLDWjVccdlNbUaqPyjW SAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rFXDFZfd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUriw1o1XHHZTW1Gqj8o1kgJo58 qZKqC sbIMwKW3UGY54IbFKYkPqxVwxWX3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFK4sNaNVxx2U1tRqo/KNZICaOfKmSqgvrGyDMClt1BmOeCGxSmJD6sVcMVl93UZqT6g2 KNlDD6qUKmKqhvjDwjYNkdhHkuuEFhSuLDWjVccdlNbUaqPyjW SAmjnypkqoL6xsgzApbdQZjnghsUpiQ rFXDFZfd1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUriw1o1nN3763kJXt/TP53d1Gak oNijZQw qlCpiqob4w8I2DZHYR5LrhBYUqqo148nNdFX3KS7U6ym9qMVH9 QrJESRj9VyFQF9Y2RZwQsu4MwzwU3KExJddqLh3O6 oXD6377cHZTm5HqD4o1UsLopwqZqqC MfKMgGV3EOa54AaFKanOe/FwRqEZmf4397xJdlObkeoPijVSwuinCpmqoL4x8oyAZXcQ5rng BoUpqQ588XBGsRc5vbqTe9oku6nNSPUHxRopYfRThUxVUN8YeU bAsjsI81xwg8KUVAe eDij6Y0moTXJPW2S3dRmpPqDYo2UMPqpQqYqqG MPCNg2R2EeS64QWFKqgNfPJwRrckD8zQVMlVBfWPkGQHL7iDMc 8ENClNSHfji4YxWvaDz8vJyGwsAAKD1j3/8Q3XgTyOqhjMSvQ1WMpdq4wiHqjaOcKhq4wiHGnhKXNqWQ1UbR zjUwFMqeGmPe57WRPThYclUqo0jHKraOMKhqo0jHGrgKXFpWw5 VbRzhUANPqeClPe6JWhPNV65JJlJtHOFQ1cYRDlVtHOFQA0 JS9tyqGrjCIcaeEoFL 1xT9WafD76RfX//ve/JbOoNo5wqGrjCIeqNo5wqIGnxKVtOVS1cYRDDTylgpf2uGdrTQ AAwNBoTQAAQCG0JgAAoBBaEwAAUAitCQAAKITWpN/NZ5dXfpC52jg1VVulgqtd8NKqrVLBS6u2REKs9pZTqjaO2FR/p obEK779DVvDw9VbZzPkimvtkoFV7vgpamGqrZEwqEKBonVbuKR bWtT/Z2qb0C87h9vx/R30D7BOEVTXmyVqq22cEqycURDVVwi4VDFgsRq943BI9uGpqXd expe0nU/ZfTxXrLaODVTXm2Vyq12wUtTDVVviYRDlQsSq903Co9sG/kRrUnBdS9p2JSXxCo1sUQ9uNtuhiXazg9pTQAAwHOgNQEAAIXQ mgAAgEKGb00G/qj9wJdWcEpc2jNOaeBLKzglLu0Zp8T3muxj4I/aD3xpBafEpT3jlAa tIJT4tKecUp8r8l Bv2ovXIcprTlOAWnxKUxpVLjFJwSl7alH9GaDPxR 6EvreCUuLRnnNLAl1ZwSlzaM06p3Oeif0hrAgAAngOtCQAAKOR ntCZz70Fe dSVaqhq4zClLccpOCUujSmVGqfglLi0DU2T2HMKZgvvP86 7Uc1VLVxmBKXxqUxpTrjFJwSl7axaQZ7lfd7fz3Mt393/8I VLVxmNKW4xScEpfGlEqNU3BKXNrWaE22H6raOExpy3EKTolLY0 qlxik4JS5ta8O3JjwRx5RqjVNwSlwaUyo1TsEpcWkbm2awV/mN8PYlplRqnIJT4tKYUqlxCk6JS9vQNIk9pwAAAPCF1iTl4qmv 75ZyxffoVRunpmqrVHC1C15atVUqeGnVlkiI1d5yStXGUZrms1 P1bcjW/eZJr9OPp4eqNs7n908VSnm1VSq42gUvTTdUrSUSDlUwSKx2Bx7 ZNjXNZafqW9Ct 9Ublr GPb59ZIeqNs7lj9dJebVVKrjaBS9NNlSxJRIOVTBIrHbnQIKlr ndpykAKTcu8U/UNuO4tn/GNzSujUGCcOFSNlFdbpeqr/cCUXJemmlKBJRIOVT1IrHZzHB7ZNjDV36n6BpTrPiXy8gNV371 0vgEvM07NlFdbpXqrXfDSVEOVWyLhUPWCxGr3DcMj24am jtV34J03T/ejref9V77smWhcWqmvNoqlVvtgpemGqreEgmHKhckVruJR7aND d aXDz3dvXngifiHppSoXE davEancPpVrtgpemmlKhJRIOVTVIrHZzHB7ZNjR8axLevvTQDq iGqjYOU9pynIJT4tKYUqlxCk6JS9vYNJ29p7EJwsWUSo1TcEpc GlMqNU7BKXFpm5gmsecUdnDegccXXzVUtXGY0pbjFJwSl8aUSo 1TcEpcmtFUf6fqAAAAV2hNdnH1pqrvz6Hlfs/jvFj1x mG3HXxepI7w62dc4ho8M7vuvis/Pz 8gvb7fucz0SI9d22mUKi9XT8pf2uwHJJ6Q9hFp4LtttUt7fz3v 0eWdZddFmuaw4wy2t/aBYO4RbtU2Xg50PB4fGiY0Nw89FkhIuq5P4dXdbNtpidMPBDMP AuvvwprHgqVEZoZauLTkvl3M6NEIarquepcmexiREv9j6fFHpG J3W2XXVezSpmGObx8z2dyvO5kmsFd5P EDwUISUkPFY kc7uSnuM4/HHut/KfBqnVdwqu7uvnFA/CqD0Z T Pj7Tj98MV2dlI9FnxfWriYR5ao6y Whzq vT/8HJ6o6yp4acJHpGp3W/UjUqG7rbDrKnlpr3P5jfNaVpcXeqvgHxv1EUT716WpOLn8tHql rX9am7unhz0Tdmfs/qkYfdxx4LLm7 8Xa8GGj31uTj 3/WB6lm1/XwpX1 Xobw xpXPKpUu9sKH5Gq3W1dXdfn/pd2sVnvr6HXoTXxEj0QXA720IYp/41yMdLbx f3teYnWKnr hRe3TSQ6hszr/fq4gmQfrLHgmlKVz xZonEr3qEnwl3v/5xBF1XwUu7N7eVd71Kd1vlI1Kxu62w66p2aUv/ft/xDVDTDPYqvyXJA4GI6g0Zn5/fP37x2PLIo1yJrivO6bGrU38v OXVvL uf0ul4LHg tzpO174SbeaRbM4rivqXqui7GqnJpQUj42gEK3W1Fj0il7rbaf weWurTbkVY9FKlNs9hzCtt6 IEAy5Rd19DKPRYUo u60Mbdtovu34FoGL412fetPM9CtUqsdg9WqYkl6sHddjMs0daG b03CP04HC5fs8/GqVSq52qpVKrfaOrovWhANVW JhMoFqeRq17rbllwiFeHdX2aaz07Vt/VouFQf9pF9aOjOxwQei1SVR7tyq1RvtcstkXao2RH3WqKaq31v 0J3utsLVLny3rfLIVjuQD5vmslP1vZz3Ym33/VAUlB/5O9/84rViVaTWrZJqnGqrVHC1qy2Rdqg7gzRMKhCgZJNY5wtZ/ibss5YjRdx07Vn4/io3qqcVSfj6 r0ioVXe1KS6QdSkZ1nxUNVXGJhESrzd12s3GKLtFPaE2 GsHX90e 8fqLqpfUfeTv4c/H35/f7neeQqukW 2rj6FePhA88OHxEkskHSp 2cYDuRb6/Uap9 TPVEi oQ0qx20bvt11APf4jpp5wjq031d6q haVX5Mb8J8ra5 EFy6R8sVlHtUrS1dZ86bWK7IsWRENdfHHUbaa4204uluah3KjG 0ap1t9V 9Usxwru/zLS2O1XfwPezVWGl858Gq/ZRPeHn2Qq2JtVWSb3agi 9rnpp0imFr47YaYmEQ mDpPm1Pqpxxlzt Bzeo99zXezSCnZXP6g1efAbrz/jwbt M6uNc/L9L/jvTm71lzgKxqm2SrrVvm5NLkbKZrLepamGuliZd8V3 Re6NEeQbodNjawaZ DVFrYm1S5NfI6oTNPZexpG07pfLfjqLxgOg5YJhS5c1y8xrH96 VzXO52e9VXp0nPDg/ gvP1JMST3O40PdfwJuZZjqXJpsnOtD8iT8y2DTceKQI6225QWd GpemH0dhmsSeU7CzfuP1eTMfHK7WOKqv81f/WoBaq/TgOJ4vvS5xaaKhbtsTSZAqXJpknLmWYnV117tMxlrtr4VSf5d/tbutcNdWmurvVB0AAOAKrUnKVy/5 v7Y55CrjfMcanyeWT/OWlf/2H3gQ8iqcbRDqcR3CTxwH1ENJZxSKaeLkVyGaijhlIRUT8BUG0 eJ1iRh6fMnmfBXG6ekah8aEn74SOW7D3jsQ8iqcbRDSQg/hKwaauDPRV9cz6ObrRpKOCUZ1dtWqo2jNU1gr/JP5fu92I99DrnaODVVaykqtyaKDyELxtEOJfFdNryVZ WlST/P/PCUqpl2/ EPIQuHEk5JRfVhn2rjiE27tVP153KxUw99DrnaOHVV zyzahyR6z5g/YeQVeNoh5KQfQhZN5RwStVcnWw3vfz6d/g MJRwSirVWgpak c3JfvhzyFXG6e4ap9nVn4u iHhkXb1h5BV42iHErn/bNfqV QfHUo4pVrmPumz8kPIqqGEU5Kp9kIML gMQPU55GrjPIFqn2dWfy5aNpPwMsH242iHUrjtBVbPRjWUcEp1 zPUBOw8lnJJQtbev8jZYAACARbQmAACgEFoTAABQCK0JAAAohN YEAAAUQmsCAAAKoTUBAACF0JoAAIBCaE0AAEAhtCYAAKAQWhMA AFAIrQkAACiE1gQAABRyOBwOv/32W/wtmAAAAHv47bff/j9hHgFD1rAyfAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Cody Colston
12-26-2015, 8:53 AM
Good info, Danny. There's nothing like empirical data for accurate information.

Ian Moone
12-27-2015, 12:46 AM
Something I penned about 11 years ago on the topic.

Our rule of thumb downunder for air drying timber in thick board dimensions is this.

1 years air drying time per 1 inch thickness thru the thinnest dimension plus a year.

Hence a 2 x 4 would take 3 years to air dry to a little above 13% EMC (Equilibrium Moisture Content).

I like to kiln dry my timbers down to 10% and then allow to reabsorb up to 12% EMC for furniture.

It's likely a high % for those of you in the Northern hemisphere, with snowfall and hence low relative humidity - for whom a much lower EMC% would be desirable no doubt.

Something to recognize with air drying is that a lot of the free moisture will come out and most of the intercellular moisture - but the intracellular (in the cell wall) will not, without kiln drying in most instances.

The Intercellular moisture has to diffuse out thru the lumens (pores) in the cell walls. It does this too fast if the free moisture is removed too quickly (i.e. if left in the hot sun while green straight off the saw..you will see and hear it surface check in front of your eyes and ears).

What happens is this - the air movement evaporates moisture from the surface of the freshly sawn green lumber. As a result - free moisture from between the cells is wicked to the surface, to in turn be evaporated away by dry air movement.

As a result the moisture drops throughout the wood on a gradient from the insides to the outsides.

As the free moisture is wicked to the surface it creates a slight vacuum between the cells. If there is sufficient time and low enough vacuum and enough heat - the moisture trapped within the cells (inter cellular moisture) turns to a gas (steam) and is forced out of the lumens (pores) in the cell wall, into the vacuum spaces left by the removal of free moisture (sap), and in turn wicks it's way to the surface of the board and is evaporated.

If the free moisture is removed too fast under high temperatures, the gaseous moisture inside the cells burst thru the cell wall to fill the vacuum in the free moisture spaces, and we get what's known as "structural collapse" of the timber - and this is usually seen as a depressed powdery texture to the wood in the centre of the board full of long checks thru to the surface.

This condition and this form of drying applies to both kiln and air drying if not adequately controlled - I'd imagine in snow country with zero relative humidity it could also be an issue in winter.

With kiln drying - the last type of moisture within the timber - that trapped in the cell walls made of cellulose - (intracellular moisture) can be removed with vacuum dehumidifying kilns over time. usually this moisture doesn't come out with air drying unless undertaken in almost desert like conditions of very high heat and very low relative humidity for prolonged periods.

We work it this way - we can air dry down to a suitable EMC for Joinery work (door Frames, solid doors, window frames & sashes etc) where some limited movement after manufacture and during installation etc is acceptable, (Joinery usually is exposed to weather extremes while the bricks are laid, and roof put on until lockup).

All that protects them after manufacture during the building phase is a light spray of linseed oil straight after manufacture until lockup..so removing that last Intracellular moisture from inside the cell walls is wasted time effort and $...Air dried is sufficient for Joinery.

However for solid timber furniture manufacture where stability is more important (critical?) we do kiln dry to remove intracellular moisture since hopefully the furniture will never see exposure to weather.

I personally used a non destructive wood moisture encounter made by Tramex.

https://www.tramexmeters.eu/Wood-Moisture-Encounter

You should allow for Hot wood (+1.5%) up to 21degrees C plus 1% for every 11 degrees C above 21 degrees with these meters.

Also - most meters are graduated for Oregon so dense timbers like Walnut will likely need a correction factor due to their high SG (Specific Gravity) probably adding another 5 or 6%..

So for example, a reading of 4% on the meter if the woods hot straight from an oven / kiln could be a proper reading of 4% reading + 1.5% Temp to 21 degrees C + say 2% for temp to 43 degrees C, plus say 6% correction factor for density of walnut = say, 13.5% moisture content reading.

my 2c.

OMMV. (Others Mileage May Vary).

I used a Ebac evaporative/dehumidifying kiln.

http://www.ebacusa.com/lumber_dryers/LD800.html

Art Mann
12-27-2015, 2:36 PM
Yes, and for every piece in historic Williamsburg or other museums, there are probably a thousand pieces that didn't survive because the wood was not sufficiently dry when it was built. There's a reason museums are humidity controlled.

You are missing my point entirely. There are people who claim that kiln drying is superior even when air drying produces the same moisture content. My example proves, at least to my satisfaction, that air drying produces just as stable and high quality lumber as kiln dried lumber. I have heard all sorts of explanations for these opinions but I have seen ample evidence to the contrary with my own eyes. No furniture of the 18th and 19th centuries was kiln dried and no furniture was used in a temperature and moisture controlled environment and yet quality pieces that were preserved from physical damage have survived unscathed for 250 years. Modern furniture builders can only hope for such results.

There is another camp who claim that air drying produces higher quality than even carefully kiln dried lumber. I have seen ample evidence that isn't true either. My supplier for premium hardwoods very carefully kiln dries his wood according to the best recommended practices for the species. I can't imagine how wood air dried in a warehouse would be any better.

Cody Colston
12-27-2015, 8:53 PM
You are missing my point entirely.

Yeah, I guess I am.

My preference is 7% for indoor furniture. I don't much care how it gets to that value. YMMV