PDA

View Full Version : A Little Table Saw Tip For You

Wade Samuelson
09-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Now that I'm a table saw veteran (I think I've made at least 25 cuts with one :D ) I'll give you all a little tip, based on my experience: If you tilt your blade a small amount--like say 8-10 degrees, put it back when you're done, because you might not remember that you tilted it the next time you use it, and you might not catch the tilt just by looking at it. Plus it never hurts to check that you are zero'ed out prior to ripping a bunch of boards.

*sigh* Anybody want to guess what happened to me today....:(

Corey Hallagan
09-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Stuff like that happens Wade! You just kick yourself and move on. Today I made about five rips with the rear fence mounting sitting on top of the rear bar. I don't know how it ripped straight but it did. When I was standing from the back of the saw I looked over and couldn't believe it!

Corey

Jim Becker
09-05-2005, 8:24 AM
There is an appropriate cliché for the occasion..."Been there...done that..." ;)

Richard Wolf
09-05-2005, 9:39 AM
Jim, you are so right. I can't tell you how many times I've been at work and a trim capenter says "can I make one cut with your chop box" sets it to 1 degree, cuts, leaves, and I wonder why nothing fits for the rest of the day!!

Richard

Tim Morton
09-05-2005, 9:45 AM
There is an appropriate cliché for the occasion..."Been there...done that..." ;)

another one would be DAMHIKT:D as in: "this tip applies to your CMS as well!! DAMHIKT:D"

Jason Roehl
09-05-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only doofus around here! :D

Wade Samuelson
09-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Lucky for me it was only some pine. Besides, you never know when you might need some 3 foot lengths of pine with an 8 degree cut down one of the long edges. Heck I can think of dozens of time when I ... OK I can't think of any.

But, at least it was an inexpensive lesson: It cost no blood and little money.