PDA

View Full Version : Update on Shop Cabinet

Corey Hallagan
09-04-2005, 9:45 PM
Spent today and yesterday working on the drawers for the left shop cabinet. I got all of the drawer glides installed and the drawers themselves made. Drawers are made of 1/2 inch plywood, simple box construction. Just have to make the drawer fronts. Not sure which I will use, most likely MDF, just depends on how heavy it is. I have both materials available. Note, one side is constructed using traditional face frame bracing and the other is utilizing the the Euro method. I am going to be building my kitchen cabinets and I used a bunch of different constructon methods on these shop cabinets to familiarize myself with the methods used etc. Here is a link:

http://woodshop51503.tripod.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://woodshop51503.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/drawers1.jpg&target=tlx_new

Thanks,
Corey

Roy Wall
09-04-2005, 9:52 PM
Corey,

I'm not getting the link to work........

Norman Hitt
09-04-2005, 9:54 PM
Corey,

I'm not getting the link to work........

Me either. The page comes up blank, except for the "Images hosted by Tripod, etc".

Corey Hallagan
09-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Not sure if the link will work now. It is working for me. Thanks for letting me know.

Corey

Roy Wall
09-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Now your good Corey!!

Nice storage - great for the shop!!!

Corey Hallagan
09-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks Roy and thanks for letting me know. Helps to publish it to the site :). They look bad in this state but when the fronts are on they will look much better. Interior f the drawers are all plywood sanded smooth.

Corey

Richard Wolf
09-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Looks like a good cabinet Cory. I like the MDF but the weight is so annoying.

Richard

Bernie Weishapl
09-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Corey, nice looking cabinet. Will look great with the drawer fronts. Looks like lots of good storage space. Enjoy.

Bernie

Corey Hallagan
09-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Thanks Richard & Bernie. Richard, I know what you mean about the wieght. We will see how heavy the drawer fronts are, plywood may end up on them.
Thanks
Corey