PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10

Bert Kemp
12-17-2015, 10:42 AM
I decided to try 10 on my TV computer and now all the video is messed up . Shows start stop start stop very jerky motion . anyone else have this. I downloaded all new video drivers but that didn't help.:confused:
I mean really MS puts out a new OP SYS and it can run video.

Duane Meadows
12-17-2015, 12:55 PM
I have Win 10 running on several computers. Have not had that problem(or really many at all) This one I am using has had win 10 for over a year(including pre-release). What are the specs of your system?

Rich Engelhardt
12-17-2015, 1:26 PM
Check the build of Windows 10.
The original build from July had only marginal support for TV.

I just ran into something similar.

Launch Edge and click on the three little dots at the top left of the screen just under the X.
The drop down menue should have:
Cast media to device - right under Zoom.

If it isn't there, you need the huge October (or November- I forget which) update.
The easiest way to get the update is to reinstall Windows 10
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-whats-new-november-release-cortana

You can also look at the bottom of the screen and see if it says:
I'm Cortana. Ask me anything.
Cortana is also a part of the November update.

Tom Stenzel
12-17-2015, 5:05 PM
My wife bought an Acer laptop that had Vista on it with a coupon for a free upgrade to Win 7 when it came out. She used Vista with no problems. After installing Windows 7 video was jerky and never has worked well. BIOS updates, video drivers, patches, it's always been possessed. She can install Windows 10. I said go for it, how could it get any worse?

Before upgrading anything, I would ask what problem are you trying to solve?

-Tom

Myk Rian
12-17-2015, 6:03 PM
Install it again over the top of what's there. Some people in the video editing community have had to install it 3-4 times.

Bert Kemp
12-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Yes it had the Nov update, Tried several other things still can't get video to run right , think I'm gonna dump it and go back to 7. I don't have regular tv this is it and I can't stand it the way it is:(

Check the build of Windows 10.
The original build from July had only marginal support for TV.

I just ran into something similar.

Launch Edge and click on the three little dots at the top left of the screen just under the X.
The drop down menue should have:
Cast media to device - right under Zoom.

If it isn't there, you need the huge October (or November- I forget which) update.
The easiest way to get the update is to reinstall Windows 10
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-whats-new-november-release-cortana

You can also look at the bottom of the screen and see if it says:
I'm Cortana. Ask me anything.
Cortana is also a part of the November update.