PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on Fuji's G-XPC Gun

Marty Schlosser
12-17-2015, 6:29 AM
Hey, everyone,

I'm considering the merits of two Fuji guns and would like to hear what others who've used them think:
- T- series (cup under gun version)
- 9600-G-XPC

The thing that I like about the XPC gun is being able to swivel the cup to facilitate spraying the inside of cabinets and furniture pieces. However, the 400cc cup size is a bit on the small size... but I only do about one kitchen's worth of cabinets a year and the rest of the time it's smaller pieces where that limitation isn't anything to be concerned with. Further, it'll be lighter to handle than the 600cc cut of the T-series gun.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Frank Martin
12-17-2015, 8:32 PM
I have the XPC and like it for the reasons you mention. Another (to me) very important difference is the ease of clean-up. Much easier to clean the gravity cup gun.

Jamie Buxton
12-19-2015, 12:25 AM
I have an XPC gun, and an Accuride gun with a 1 liter can below the gun. I use the XPC when I need to spray down into things -- for instance when I'm shooting drawers. The Accuride's can hits the work. But as you say, the bigger can means less reloading when I'm doing other kinds of work.
I did put a right-angle adapter on the XPC's air inlet, so the air hose runs up my arm instead of trying to drag on the workpiece.

Marty Schlosser
01-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Jamie,

Sorry for not getting back to you on this issue earlier, but life kinda got in the way!

I just wanted to know how the adapter on the air inlet worked out, as that sounds like a good idea. Have you noticed any decrease n the amount of air being delivered to the gun as a result of having it on there?

Take care,

Marty

I have an XPC gun, and an Accuride gun with a 1 liter can below the gun. I use the XPC when I need to spray down into things -- for instance when I'm shooting drawers. The Accuride's can hits the work. But as you say, the bigger can means less reloading when I'm doing other kinds of work.
I did put a right-angle adapter on the XPC's air inlet, so the air hose runs up my arm instead of trying to drag on the workpiece.

Marty Schlosser
01-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Thanks to Frank and Jamie for getting back to me on this issue. I should tell everyone that in the end I elected to get both the T-series below gun cup model and the XPC model as they both have their strengths.