PDA

View Full Version : Hitach Chop Saw ln

Chris Payne
12-17-2015, 12:13 AM
I am looking to buy a new chop saw this looks like a nice one please give me your thoughts. The one I am looking at is the C12RSH 12" Thanks

Pete Janke
12-17-2015, 1:46 AM
327319I'm very happy with mine. I bought it from Lowes several years ago. It took very minor tuning at the 45* stops, but was easy to adjust. I have read reviews where owners said there were no instructions to make adjustments. The instructions are scant but they are there. I use the laser often, but it is hard to see in bright sunlight. The only thing I changed was the blade. I went to a blade with more teeth. I find the saw easy to use and accurate. It is quite large, but works well mounted on an older model Ridgid MSUV. The saw motor slides easily on it rails, or you can attach it to the rails and slide the rails. As advertised, you could mount it on your workbench and not need a large amount of room behind it. Hitachi has a great video on YouTube on using it and its features.

Chris Payne
12-17-2015, 2:38 AM
Thanks I believe it will fit my needs.

Michael Stein
12-17-2015, 9:58 AM
FWIW, I bought the Hitachi 12 non-slider back in April, and the blade brake has already stopped working. Well, it works about 50% of the time. Going to take it to a warranty center after the holidays, or research and find the parts I need to repair it.

Other than than, it has been a really nice saw.

Mike Heidrick
12-17-2015, 10:03 AM
Mine works well (C12LSH). That one is on my "permanent" chop saw bench setup. Id get a Dewalt if I was buying it today because I like the LED over blade light better from Dewalt. The Hitachi has the arms that come forward like the Festool Kapex which you might like.

Alan Bienlein
12-17-2015, 8:12 PM
FWIW, I bought the Hitachi 12 non-slider back in April, and the blade brake has already stopped working. Well, it works about 50% of the time. Going to take it to a warranty center after the holidays, or research and find the parts I need to repair it.

Other than than, it has been a really nice saw.

Clean the switch as thats what was wrong with mine.