PDA

View Full Version : New Jet Cyclone Dust Collector

Evan Mapes
12-16-2015, 8:10 AM
Has anyone bought the new Jet 2hp cyclone dust collector? If so would you recommend it.

glenn bradley
12-16-2015, 8:35 AM
Jets offering appears to be close cousins to the JDS and Laguna 'short' cyclones that get less than stellar reviews. There just doesn't seem to be enough height to allow good separation. If Jet has overcome this it will be a boon to those working in height restricted environments.

Wade Lippman
12-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Jets offering appears to be close cousins to the JDS and Laguna 'short' cyclones that get less than stellar reviews. There just doesn't seem to be enough height to allow good separation. If Jet has overcome this it will be a boon to those working in height restricted environments.

I haven't seen the poor reviews you refer to. I used to have a 3hp JDS and found the separation to to be excellent. I bought it because I had low ceilings and expect to sacrifice separation, but didn't.

Jamie Buxton
12-16-2015, 1:16 PM
I have a short-cone cyclone. It does work, but I do have to clean the filter more often than I'd like. It isn't annoying enough to make me purchase a new system. But if I were starting from nothing, I'd be shopping for a long-cone system. For instance, consider the Oneida V2000. 2 hp, like the Jet. Long cone. Virtually the same cost as the Jet. The one possible issue is that it is taller than the Jet -- 88". That could be an issue in a basement shop with short headroom, but in many shops that isn't an issue.

Evan Mapes
12-16-2015, 5:08 PM
I thought they looked close to the JDS too. What interests me is they have free shipping and a 5 year warranty.