PDA

View Full Version : Maple Burl Bowl - Another One

Rich Aldrich
12-14-2015, 10:15 PM
This is a maple burl bowl 10' diameter x 1.75" tall, 1/4" thick. Finish is natural danish oil buffed and waxed.

Rich Aldrich
12-16-2015, 8:45 PM
259 views and no comments? Was my response that bad/offensive from the last bowl that could have flown apart? :)

Allan Ferguson
12-16-2015, 9:03 PM
Comments can often be few to none in my experience. Hang in there and do not let it bother you. Have fun and enjoy what you do. Very interesting wood . Allan

Len Mullin
12-16-2015, 9:18 PM
Rich, I didn't comment because I never saw this posting, but, it must be a bit discouraging to have so many views and no comments.
Is this bowl for display purposes, or, is it for regular use? I like the look of the bowl itself, but, I do think the voids should have been filled so that no food particles could fill them.
I don't take offense from what people post, your reply to the last bowl replies was warranted. When I made the statement that I did, I did not know how you went about turning it, therefore my statement was made. I also didn't know about your turning capabilities, your reply as far as I'm concerned was just informing me of your capabilities, and safety practices. Why would a person hold something like that against you? You gave a fair response to maybe an unfair reply, but, if you had mentioned your set-up/safety practices in the posting, the reply may have been different.
Len

mike ash
12-17-2015, 9:06 AM
Well executed! Nice shape, beautiful piece of wood and will make a great Christmas present for someone.

Doug Ladendorf
12-17-2015, 9:20 AM
Very nice Rich! It has such interesting grain character it's bound to be a conversation starter. Doug