PDA

View Full Version : Love/Hate relationship with the weather

Jay Larson
12-14-2015, 10:50 AM
For working on my house, I was digging the 40 and 50* weather around here in northeast Wisconsin. But with the warm weather came the high humidity. Since my shop is not totally closed up yet, it really played havoc yesterday.

I had been covering my table saw with a scrap piece of plywood. I went out to rip a piece for the step to the garage, and the humidity had warped the ply. whoops. Pulled it off to use the saw and the whole top was covered in dew. Now, I had waxed the top previously, so I wiped off the dew and ripped the board. As I finished, the dew was reforming. Man it was thick.

I ended up digging out a couple of pieces of corrugated cardboard from the shipping box and putting that on the table, then the plywood. Hopefully, it will be enough. I will check it tonight, and see if I have to do anything more.

Earl McLain
12-14-2015, 2:15 PM
Kept checking mine all weekend--was okay. I use a plastic tablecloth draped over the cast iron tools, salvaged at the end of a birthday party. Thinking i might switch to clear so i can do a quick look with out lifting. I think i can afford fifty cents to do that.

Makes me grateful for Boeshield T-9 and Johnson's wax!!

earl

Andrew Gibson
12-14-2015, 3:16 PM
Sounds like Florida weather year round, sweaty cast iron is the norm.

Jay Larson
12-14-2015, 11:22 PM
Well, I was out there today and it looked like a sprinkler system went off in the outbuilding. No running water, but the whole floor was wet.
I think we got over 3 inches of rain in the last 48 hours.
At least in Florida it is normally this warm. ;)