PDA

View Full Version : greene and greene pieces at auction

keith wootton
12-13-2015, 12:38 AM
two pieces from the blacker house are being sold by phillips in new york. their webpage has a good zoomable picture of each. i haven't seen pictures of either before. get a good long look, and try not to drool. phillips.com/auctions keith

Martin Wasner
12-13-2015, 7:52 AM
Can we change that rule in the terms of service? It's extremely stupid. I was interested in what keith was talking about, but my attention span only goes so far when searching for a needle in the haystack of the internet.

Art Mann
12-13-2015, 10:02 AM
The rule may be a little over the top in this case but I think it is a good rule in general. I have been on other forums where the posts were full of thinly disguised or sometimes blatant advertising. I would hate to see SMC go that way.

Edit: There is another thing. The policy is not that restrictive. For example, they have allowed me to post about a website using the name "Camheads". If someone can't find the website from just that one name, then they are extremely inept at using the internet.

Martin Wasner
12-13-2015, 10:19 AM
I thought that's why there is moderators? To thin out the spam? I realize a totalitarian approach is easier but there is no need in this case. Inept has nothing to do with it. I found it, but a direct link would've made me happier.

Mac McQuinn
12-13-2015, 11:27 AM
two pieces from the blacker house are being sold by phillips in new york. their webpage has a good zoomable picture of each. i haven't seen pictures of either before. get a good long look, and try not to drool. phillips.com/auctions keith

Do you have a date for this auction?
Mac

keith wootton
12-13-2015, 1:57 PM
auction is tuesday. thinking of bidding, mac? googling phillips auction should get you to their website. they are in new york. and sorry for breaking tos...... keith

Bruce Page
12-13-2015, 2:30 PM
Can we change that rule in the terms of service? It's extremely stupid. I was interested in what keith was talking about, but my attention span only goes so far when searching for a needle in the haystack of the internet.
The only editing I did was to remove the hotlink - "https//www". The link address Keith provided "phillips.com/auctions" was not changed.
Martin, you were not around before the no auction links rule was enacted. We did indeed have a plethora of thinly veiled, and not so thinly veiled auction ads.
It is easy enough to cut & paste a disabled hotlink into your browser.

Mac McQuinn
12-13-2015, 3:38 PM
auction is tuesday. thinking of bidding, mac? googling phillips auction should get you to their website. they are in new york. and sorry for breaking tos...... keith

Keith,
No, probably too rich for me. I wanted to see the pieces offered though as I really enjoy G&G's designs.
thanks for the info.
Mac

John Stankus
12-13-2015, 3:52 PM
Only thing estimated to go for more than the Green and Greene items is the million dollar shed :) I mean demountable house.

John --> who is wondering who has that kind of money for a shed

Myk Rian
12-13-2015, 3:55 PM
They expect $300k - $500k for each piece.
http://www.phillips.com/Xigen/lotimg/Greene---Greene-Charles-Sumner-Greene-and-Henry-Mather-Greene/NY050315/319/220/281/true/true/true/fitpadded/bottom

http://www.phillips.com/Xigen/lotimg/Greene---Greene-Charles-Sumner-Greene-and-Henry-Mather-Greene/NY050315/320/220/281/true/true/true/fitpadded/bottom

Bruce Page
12-13-2015, 4:12 PM
Only thing estimated to go for more than the Green and Greene items is the million dollar shed :) I mean demountable house.

John --> who is wondering who has that kind of money for a shed
They obviously have the comma in the wrong place.. :eek::rolleyes: