PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Change offset depth per pass?

Joel Ifill
12-12-2015, 1:29 AM
So I'm wondering if there is a more elegant solution. I have been cutting a lot of 1" and 1.5" foam and some thicker wood with a 45w speedy 100. For foam it's not a matter of power but focal depth, there's obviously no way I can focus over 1.5". So I bury the first pass about 0.25" below surface and cut in two passes. However the second pass exits the piece quite wide and I get a negative taper.

Is it possible to automatically have Z offset depth change per pass in increments? The only way I know is to rerun the color with a new offset value. I haven't tried stacking layers of different color in Illustrator I didn't think it would cut layers right on top of each other.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Neville Stewart
12-12-2015, 10:10 AM
I recall getting a demo of step down Z when I had my training in JCX on my S400.

Kev Williams
12-12-2015, 12:52 PM
My LS900 can, I would hope a Trotec has that capability-

With mine there's a setting in each color, that allows you to have the table automatically raise by the amount you enter from the zero-point focus entered. You find the focal point from the tallest part you're engraving, then measure the distances between there and the lower levels and enter then in. I recently finished a large job engraving plastic parts trays, some of which had 4 different steps, about 3/16" apart. It's great that the machine can run each level automatically!

Neville Stewart
12-12-2015, 1:50 PM
In JCX it's options-process options-layer.

Tony Lenkic
12-12-2015, 2:52 PM
Kev,

See it your self...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0No7W6QaHg