PDA

View Full Version : What are these??

Michael Cody
09-03-2005, 9:45 PM
I am thinking #45 fence rods .. am I right??

These are in a box of stuff I got at a garage sale, it's got depth stops, knickers, almost complete set of #45 irons (but no beading irons :( ), couple of bodies and other plane parts.. paid 1.00$ for it - then when I got home I found the irons in the bottom .. sounds like that never to mentioned auction site time eh?

Roger Bell
09-04-2005, 8:56 PM
Yes, they appear to be. If you can't use them, certainly others can...since they are the kind of part that is/was easily lost.

Michael Cody
09-04-2005, 9:34 PM
Did some more research, seems I have a 45 body Type 4 (no Stanley 45 logo, nickel, no iron adjuster, & w/these rods) .. made about 1890's I think. Got the 2 rods,(no shorts though and no fence), front depth gauge, nicker, plus 8 straight dado irons and I found a bag with the beading irons under some other junk in the box(missed it the first time). Not to mention a couple of bucks bros chisels and a GI Mix chisel. Not to bad for a 1$ ... The dado irons are in the original box and there is an empty box w/no lid for the beading irons .. though you can't read the decal.

Will have to clean it all up and off to E*ay I go since I don't really have a use for a 45 (least not to go to the effort of completing this one out) -- have to admit I use a tailed r*uter for my dadoes and cut rabbits with a 78 or the same tailed devil.

Thanx for confirming my ideas ... SMC is an awesome resource as usual.