PDA

View Full Version : Paypal arg!!!!!

Bert Kemp
12-11-2015, 10:38 PM
I'M SO FRUSTRATED with Paypal they locked my account:( and I have no Idea what to do:confused:
The story is when I got my new to me motorcycle it had an $800 custom studded Mustang Seat on it, it was beautiful BUT! it was uncomfortable to me. So I found a stock seat and put the Mustang up for sale. So this guy in Canada offers me $200 for the seat so we dickered a little and since I only paid $75 for the stock seat I said what the hell he could have it for $225 plus Shipping grant total was $265. He Paypals me the money and tell me to ship it to a PO Box in North Dakota right near the Canadian boarder and he would drive over and get it. Said shipping to Canada was outrageous. So I packed the seat and shipped it and a week later I see it was delivered to the PO . So after a few day I email the guy ask how he likes the seat. He emails back and tells me he can't get down and pick it up for a few days but he'd let me know. Well Time went by and I forgot all about it. Well almost 3 months later I get a notice from paypal saying this guy has file a claim for non delivery. I'm like WHAT! Well since this guy said he knew it was at the post office and Tracking said it was delivered I had previously deleted all email with him and tracking info. I mean like why clutter up my mail box with old mail. So Paypal says I have to prove I delivered the item by sending them the tracking info. Well I was in NH at the time I mailed the seat yikes. So I call the PO in NH and lo and behold they have the tracking info in their computer and the send it to me which I in turn sent to Paypay. about 2 weeks ago and Paypal still has my account locked and tells me their investigating. Its Christmas I need my account to buy stuff for my kids and grand kids and I have no Paypay. really stinks. Yes I know theres other ways but its so easy with paypal I don't have to type in 3 pages of info with each purchase. Now what ever I buy I have to fill out all the form bla bla bla . Guess Amazon will get most my business this year. But I can't buy anything off ebay.

Gerry Grzadzinski
12-11-2015, 11:12 PM
But I can't buy anything off ebay.

The last few times I've used Ebay, I was given an option to pay with a credit card, instead of my Paypal account. So if you have a credit card, you can shop on Ebay without using Paypal.

Greg R Bradley
12-11-2015, 11:49 PM
If there is one thing I have learned in my life, it is NEVER to delete anything relating to financial data. Removing payment info from your email is unacceptable. Not now, not 30 years from now. I can't tell you how many times having financial data from decades ago has solved a problem. i just went through an IRS audit and the ability to prove financial transactions from long ago and get it to them by the next day was invaluable. Some of the audit trail on Average COGS needed scanned invoices from nearly 30 years ago and my ability to give them that data quickly helped to give me a "zero change" audit.
I regularly work as a court assigned expert on data and can't tell you how many times someone is completely screwed over because they don't have information from many decades before. Don't trash any financial data, ever! You need my water bill from 40 years ago?, just give me 20 minutes and I will email to you! If it is financial, don't trash it ever. Scan it, save it, but don't trash it!

Don Kondra
12-12-2015, 12:31 AM
First suggestion, quit being a nice guy !

Only ship to confirmed paypal addresses with signature required. An alternate shipping address is a Red Flag..

And shipping to Canada is not outrageous. In fact, in most cases it's almost the same cost as shipping within the states.

The only difference is the need to fill out a form at the post office. In Canada that service is now available on line, fill out, print and take to the post office when mailing.

Cheers, Don

Gerry Grzadzinski
12-12-2015, 6:31 AM
And shipping to Canada is not outrageous.
It can be when compared to shipping in the US.
My wife is Canadian, and she just shipped all of her Christmas presents back home to her family.

Bert Kemp
12-12-2015, 8:38 AM
Well I agree yes my financial stuff my bills I pay. I keep complete records , Didn't really think to keep track of something I sold. I don't keep any money in my Paypal account and I don't think they can charge my card on file with out my consent and just to be sure I have ask my card company for a new card.That's a pain because I have to change all my auto pay stuff but what do ya do.

If there is one thing I have learned in my life, it is NEVER to delete anything relating to financial data. Removing payment info from your email is unacceptable. Not now, not 30 years from now. I can't tell you how many times having financial data from decades ago has solved a problem. i just went through an IRS audit and the ability to prove financial transactions from long ago and get it to them by the next day was invaluable. Some of the audit trail on Average COGS needed scanned invoices from nearly 30 years ago and my ability to give them that data quickly helped to give me a "zero change" audit.
I regularly work as a court assigned expert on data and can't tell you how many times someone is completely screwed over because they don't have information from many decades before. Don't trash any financial data, ever! You need my water bill from 40 years ago?, just give me 20 minutes and I will email to you! If it is financial, don't trash it ever. Scan it, save it, but don't trash it!

Bill Orbine
12-12-2015, 8:54 AM
Where's the seat?

Bert Kemp
12-12-2015, 9:28 AM
The seat was delivered back in Sept.

Don Kondra
12-12-2015, 10:21 AM
It can be when compared to shipping in the US.
My wife is Canadian, and she just shipped all of her Christmas presents back home to her family.

Ah, if she JUST shipped the presents she likely didn't choose the least expensive "First Class Package International Service" :)

That can take up to 14 days...

Cheers, Don

Myk Rian
12-12-2015, 10:33 AM
I keep separate email folders for times just like this.
I put important email into a "saved" folder, and everything to do with Ebay and Paypal in their own.
I never delete ANY emails concerned with money.

Bert Kemp
12-12-2015, 1:32 PM
Don please read the thread before replying

Ah, if she JUST shipped the presents she likely didn't choose the least expensive "First Class Package International Service" :)

That can take up to 14 days...

Cheers, Don

Jim Koepke
12-12-2015, 1:37 PM
The seat was delivered back in Sept.

I have spam from September that hasn't been deleted of yet.

When anyone wants you to do something outside the norm, you should take extra care.

Mailing something to an address different than the person who is 'buying' the item is the first red flag.

jtk

Don Kondra
12-12-2015, 1:46 PM
Don please read the thread before replying

Not sure what your problem is ?

My first comment was a suggestion on how to avoid being scammed and in hindsight, a possible reason for the hold.

Unfortunately "the fix" is to file a dispute in their Resolution Center and wait it out.

My second was to Gerry about shipping to Canada, one of my pet peeves :)

Cheers, Don

Jerome Stanek
12-12-2015, 2:11 PM
Have you checked your trash bin

Bert Kemp
12-12-2015, 2:18 PM
you said if it just shipped it takes so long If you read my post you would have seen it shipped and was delivered in Sept.

Not sure what your problem is ?

My first comment was a suggestion on how to avoid being scammed and in hindsight, a possible reason for the hold.

Unfortunately "the fix" is to file a dispute in their Resolution Center and wait it out.

My second was to Gerry about shipping to Canada, one of my pet peeves :)

Cheers, Don

Bert Kemp
12-12-2015, 2:21 PM
I did mail it to the person who bought it, and mailed it to the address he told me to mail it to, and have tracking proof that it was delivered to that address and accepted by the post office. All this info was submitted to paypal weeks ago and they still have a lock on my account.

I have spam from September that hasn't been deleted of yet.

When anyone wants you to do something outside the norm, you should take extra care.

Mailing something to an address different than the person who is 'buying' the item is the first red flag.

jtk

Jim Koepke
12-12-2015, 3:56 PM
I did mail it to the person who bought it, and mailed it to the address he told me to mail it to

He was in Canada and had you mail to a U.S. address. To me that is a bit of a flag.

jtk

Brian Elfert
12-12-2015, 4:24 PM
It is very common for Canadians near the border to have purchases from the USA shipped to a USA address. It avoids the brokerage fees charged by UPS and Fedex for shipping from the USA to Canada. A fairly high percentage of Canadians live within driving distance of the border. Some retailers require those with Canadian addresses to order from their Canadian website which often has higher prices than their USA website.

Bert Kemp
12-12-2015, 4:27 PM
He has a PO Box registered in his name at a Post office just across the US boarder His name and address were on the box nobody else

He was in Canada and had you mail to a U.S. address. To me that is a bit of a flag.

jtk

Moses Yoder
12-12-2015, 4:41 PM
A coworker found out her sister has an inoperable brain aneurysm (or whatever), life expectancy 5 months. I am very sorry you have to go through this hassle at Christmas.

Don Kondra
12-12-2015, 4:53 PM
you said if it just shipped it takes so long If you read my post you would have seen it shipped and was delivered in Sept.

My post was in reference to Gerry's wife shipping to Canada.

Read the quoted part above my reply to Gerry.

Anywho, the first part of my post refers to your PayPal issue, the second to Gerry's expensive shipping costs...

Cheers, Don

Bill Orbine
12-12-2015, 5:05 PM
Could be the seat is still there at the ND post office? It's not going to fit in a normal PO Box and might have been placed aside. Who knows what happens when you have a boxed seat to kick around.

Don Kondra
12-12-2015, 5:23 PM
He has a PO Box registered in his name at a Post office just across the US boarder His name and address were on the box nobody else

It sounds like it was not a confirmed paypal address but one he sent you privately by email ?

Not a good sign.

Good luck with your disputing this claim with Paypal..

Cheers, Don

Bert Kemp
12-12-2015, 5:43 PM
Well I guess its all pretty irrelevant except I no longer can use paypal. The seat was delivered to the address he supplied in his name and the tracking proves that. He's never going to cheat me out of the money. I have the money he has the seat as far as I'm concerned.

Andrew Jordan
12-16-2015, 12:20 AM
A lot of us Canadians use those parcel services - and there are only a few in North Dakota.

All the ones I've used are run by stand-up people, in my experience. Call them up and they'll likely back up your story to Paypal.

Was it in Pembina, or Neche?

Bert Kemp
12-16-2015, 9:45 AM
It was the Post Office in Pembina,, All paypal has to do is type in the tracking number and they can see when , where and to who it was delivered.

A lot of us Canadians use those parcel services - and there are only a few in North Dakota.

All the ones I've used are run by stand-up people, in my experience. Call them up and they'll likely back up your story to Paypal.

Was it in Pembina, or Neche?

Robert Engel
12-16-2015, 9:53 AM
No way to prove the package was picked up?

Besides shipping to a PO is generally not advisable, sounds to me like the dispute is with the post office.
The USPS tracking is pretty useless.

I think they hold boxes for a time and then who knows where they go.

Shawn Pachlhofer
12-16-2015, 10:00 AM
I did mail it to the person who bought it, and mailed it to the address he told me to mail it to, and have tracking proof that it was delivered to that address and accepted by the post office. All this info was submitted to paypal weeks ago and they still have a lock on my account.

in order to have "seller protection" with paypal - you have to ship to the mailing address that Paypal has confirmed. Generally, it is the mailing address associated with the credit card on the Paypal account, though you can get other addresses confirmed.

jtk

I've shipped many things to Canadians that have dual addresses. Taxes & duties are very high in Canada, so if they live near the border, they have a PO box on the US side and bring their own stuff across.

Well I guess its all pretty irrelevant except I no longer can use paypal. The seat was delivered to the address he supplied in his name and the tracking proves that. He's never going to cheat me out of the money. I have the money he has the seat as far as I'm concerned.So you got your money out of Paypal before they locked the account?

Bert Kemp
12-16-2015, 7:06 PM
I don't have to prove it was picked up just delivered to where he said to send it'
Where else would you ship something if the have a post office box as an address?
USPS tracking is very reliable they scan it at every place it goes.

No way to prove the package was picked up?

Besides shipping to a PO is generally not advisable, sounds to me like the dispute is with the post office.
The USPS tracking is pretty useless.

I think they hold boxes for a time and then who knows where they go.

Bert Kemp
12-16-2015, 7:08 PM
I never keep any money in a pay pal account why would you?

in order to have "seller protection" with paypal - you have to ship to the mailing address that Paypal has confirmed. Generally, it is the mailing address associated with the credit card on the Paypal account, though you can get other addresses confirmed.

I've shipped many things to Canadians that have dual addresses. Taxes & duties are very high in Canada, so if they live near the border, they have a PO box on the US side and bring their own stuff across.

So you got your money out of Paypal before they locked the account?

Gerry Grzadzinski
12-16-2015, 8:34 PM
I never keep any money in a pay pal account why would you?

Because it's just like a bank account. I have a debit card for my PayPal account, and I use it to pay for my hobbies.