PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop Extension Legs Question

Jeff Dill
12-11-2015, 3:03 PM
I have a 3hp Sawstop Cabinet saw with a 36" extension table. My problem is that whenever I raise or lower the saw with the Sawstop integrated mobile base the extension legs get driven into the ground. This is happening because when i go to raise the saw up onto the wheels the extension table end goes downward as the other end raises first. As the raising action continues the extension table end raises last. I've tried using the adjustable feet in their highest position but this still doesn't work. I know I've got to be missing something simple here but not sure what it is. Any advice would me much appreciated.

Jeff

Ben Rivel
12-11-2015, 3:07 PM
Is the extension table level with the working area table? I have the same saw setup with the industrial mobile base and mine definitely does not lower extension legs first. Is it possible for the mobile base to be lifting the saw off balance? Which mobile base do you have, the industrial or the integrated?

David Gutierrez
12-11-2015, 4:14 PM
I have the same saw 3HP - 36" table, it does not have that problem on a relatively level floor. My saw does that in certain places which I have learned to avoid when setting it up. Put a long level on the floor and you may be surprised at how much the floor varies.

John Sanford
12-11-2015, 4:54 PM
I have the same saw 3HP - 36" table, it does not have that problem on a relatively level floor. My saw does that in certain places which I have learned to avoid when setting it up. Put a long level on the floor and you may be surprised at how much the floor varies.

This. If you want, you can check without a level. Just take a couple gallons of water and pour it onto the floor. You'll quickly be able to identify the high and low spots.

Jon Nuckles
12-11-2015, 8:32 PM
My wooden shop floor is not perfectly level and I have not experienced anything like that with my PCS with 52" fence and integrated mobile base. Call Sawstop technical support; they are very helpful.

Shawn Pixley
12-12-2015, 12:34 PM
I've never experienced that problem on my SS. My extension leg is first off the ground.

Derek Stockley
12-13-2015, 8:36 AM
Mine does the same thing. Is it causing some sort of damage? With the way those legs are made, I've never been concerned about it (although I don't move my saw very often).