PDA

View Full Version : Job fell through and got bored

Braden Todd
12-11-2015, 10:17 AM
As the title says, I had a job that fell through after I bought my materials. Didn't mind at the time since I wanted the sheet of acrylic anyway. Well then I got bored working at work so I added a little something into the laser.

I decided to make a shooting star for my xmas display in my yard. The star itself is 4' in diameter and cut from 3/4" clear acrylic and then I engraved the angel in the center as a test to see how well it'd show at night. With all the lights on it, my yard absolutely glows! You can also see the engraving from down the block! I'll post a pic when it's hung, I just couldn't wait to light it last night.

Thought I'd share, anyone else have anything they've done?

Bert Kemp
12-11-2015, 10:24 AM
looks good but would be nicer if I didn't have to cock my head sideways to look at it:D Turn the picture

Braden Todd
12-11-2015, 10:57 AM
Haha I loaded it up from my phone and it was correct but when it posted it turned sideways! The second pic was me trying to correct it, but it went sideways too.

David Somers
12-11-2015, 1:15 PM
Dont feel badly Braden. Most of what I do turns sideways or even pear shaped! Keeps it all interesting!

A fun idea with the Acrylic!!! I like that the Angel is zooming towards heaven too! At least in our version of the photos!!! <grin>

Braden Todd
12-11-2015, 2:21 PM
Ok, Got it going the right way!

Matt Geraci
12-11-2015, 7:05 PM
Man! Really great idea. And at 4' that's a significant decoration! My father-in-law passed away a few years ago but left us his legacy of a crazy, timed to music light show. We've been adding to it each year and acrylic stars and decorations would be durable and an easy to "set up and store" idea. Thanks for sharing.
If you'd like some Christmas cheer our family light show can bee seen on Facebook.com by searching FiresideLights (I think it's one word...)

Bert Kemp
12-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Much better thank you

Ok, Got it going the right way!