PDA

View Full Version : Cutting in a common path

Craig Matheny
12-11-2015, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know of a macro that can create a cut pattern for the laser so it cuts from left to right and not jump all over the place with out me personally having to reorganize the layers?

Steven Cox
12-11-2015, 2:48 AM
Craig, I think you'd be looking for a Nesting Tool. If your using Corel these are a few macro's available out there. I used a tool for Corel some years ago called SignTools I think its still available. From memory there were settings in the nesting function for cutting order & direction. I think the macro worked much the same as you would do manually ordering whilst following the defined settings.

Hope this helps, Steve.

Kev Williams
12-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Not sure if there's any 3rd party(?) software that would work in Corel or other programs, but vinyl cutting programs sort from inside-out-then- left-to-right so the vinyl you're cutting moves slowly rather than in big back 'n forth sweeps. Yet another reason I keep my old Casmate around, since it IS a vinyl cutting program. If I need anything sorted, I import it, sort, export it back, the whole process takes a few seconds.

Also, many laser programs have 'optimized vector' options that will do the sorting for you. My old ULS driver does- And my Triumph sorts vector cuts automatically by default, cutting by MY sort order is optional...

Craig Matheny
12-11-2015, 2:20 PM
Also, many laser programs have 'optimized vector' options that will do the sorting for you. My old ULS driver does- And my Triumph sorts vector cuts automatically by default, cutting by MY sort order is optional...
Yeah Epilog has that option but works terrible the program still overrides the cut path. Nesting is not what I need as nesting organizes to use minimum space not arranging the order of items to be cut from what I have seen.