PDA

View Full Version : .dll question

Sean Troy
12-10-2015, 6:10 PM
How do I fix or stop a message on start up on the laptop that say missing CameraDownload.dll file? Thanks, Sean

Lee Schierer
12-10-2015, 7:30 PM
If you can reinstall that software you should be able to fix the problem.

Sean Troy
12-10-2015, 7:50 PM
I have no idea what the software is. It's not my computer. I thought installing windows 10 might help but the computer only works better after I cleaned it up. Still get that message on startup.

Bruce Pratt
12-11-2015, 7:54 AM
google cameradownload.dll It is apparently not an uncommon problem. You should find a solution in one or more of the listings.

Sean Troy
12-11-2015, 11:15 AM
google cameradownload.dll It is apparently not an uncommon problem. You should find a solution in one or more of the listings.
All I find is a bunch of useless info and sketchy sites actually.

David Masters
12-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Lee is correct that the best way to fix this is to reinstall the camera support software. However, if you can't find it, your choice is probably down to editing the Windows Registry and removing the CameraDownload.dll reference. If you have no idea on how to do this, I would look for someone who can do this for you. Editing the Windows Registry isn't difficult, but if you don't know what you're doing, you can make the problem worse. There are Registry cleaners out there that can assist you. I have used CCleaner. It's free and it will back up the Registry before making changes.

I "Googled" CameraDownload.dll, but found nothing specific to that particular .dll, which I find suspicious in itself. If it were a valid .dll, I would think that I would be able to locate information on the dll or company that created it. I don't know, but if this were my computer, I would run virus and malware scans on my computer. This feels like something failed to install properly, and I would investigate whether the "something" was a Trojan or some other piece of Malware.