PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Helix not engraving in one corner.

Kit Dumph
12-10-2015, 1:34 PM
Have a reoccurring problem with my Helix not engraving in one corner. Table seems to be level and I have cleaned everything up including the encoder strip. Any ideas?

Gary Hair
12-10-2015, 2:42 PM
Have you checked alignment? How did you check for level?

Glen Monaghan
12-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Not engraving at all? Have you checked the alignment? Might be that the beam has been knocked off such that it's missing the final lens in that corner?

Jeff Belany
12-11-2015, 11:03 AM
I alignment is spot on, consider a new mirror/lens. My Helix was weak in the top right. Tech support suggested burning a small square in each corner of the machine, using the same material. When the top right one was weak they suggested in was probably a mirror. Took them out and they looked pretty good to me, at least I had seen photos of ones much worse than mine on this forum. But, I changed out the mirror and the problem got better. So, tech support was right and even though the mirror looked OK it was obviously weak. BTW mirrors from Epilog are not too expensive -- I checked with the company that actually wholesales the mirrors and the price was 4 times higher. Plus, you get great support from Epilog.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin