PDA

View Full Version : Improper use of a Festool MFT?

Peter Pedisich
09-03-2005, 3:34 PM
I just can't seem to keep horizontal surfaces clear...

Richard Wolf
09-03-2005, 4:27 PM
Funny, I didn't know I had an MFT, but I sure do have a lot of tables that look just like that.

Richard

Christian Aufreiter
09-03-2005, 4:29 PM
Well, it's a MULTIFUNCTION TABLE. ;)

Greg Mann
09-03-2005, 4:49 PM
Been there, done that. Thing is, Murphy makes sure I always find a hole when I try to write anything. :o

Lee DeRaud
09-03-2005, 4:56 PM
Been there, done that. Thing is, Murphy makes sure I always find a hole when I try to write anything. :oSo making a desktop out of pegboard wasn't the best idea I've ever had?:eek:
Just wanted someplace convenient to put a pencil...:cool:

Steve Clardy
09-03-2005, 4:59 PM
Lol. I guess we all have a MTF table.

Frank Pellow
09-04-2005, 9:30 PM
I don't see any problem. :confused: The surface of my MFT is a LOT more messy. :(

Jim Becker
09-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Seems perfectly normal to me...'just one of the "multi" functions it performs!

Per Swenson
09-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey you Guys,

You seem to have holes

in your MFT's.

Whats up with that?

Per

Ed Blough
09-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Now see you guys are scaring me. I was ready to order a MFT thinking would be an indispensable tool and now I finding out your using it to hold up paper, wood and tools. Why heck I have a lot cheaper table than the MFT that does that now. Perhaps I should rethink my plan once again.

Jim Becker
09-05-2005, 8:16 AM
Now see you guys are scaring me. I was ready to order a MFT thinking would be an indispensable tool and now I finding out your using it to hold up paper, wood and tools. Why heck I have a lot cheaper table than the MFT that does that now. Perhaps I should rethink my plan once again.

AH, but Ed...pull back the "covers" and you have an indespensible tool...

Per Swenson
09-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Ed,

Really, it was a attempt at humor.

This just happened to be one of those days.

Space is at a premium. If I had room for another

MFT, I would order one today.

Per

Peter Pedisich
09-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Hello all,

On a more serious note, I have made real use now of my MFT while working on a mantle. The MFT is a stable platform for biscuiting, here I have just put about 11 biscuit slots in a plywood mantle top to apply a solid wood edge.
The reason the table and floor are dust free is because I have hooked up my DeWalt biscuit joiner to my Festool CT22 - it works better than I expected - I did not sweep or dust for the picture.

Ed, If you are considering an MFT let me just say I've used it more in the last 3 days than any other single item in my shop. Except for my miter saw, oh, and maybe my table saw...you get the idea.:D

Pete