PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo NY sets a new snow record.

Myk Rian
12-09-2015, 3:35 PM
They don't have any.

Wade Lippman
12-09-2015, 4:54 PM
I went to Buffalo a week after their big blizzard and found that most of the area didn't have any more snow than the rest of WNY. It was just a small band that got plastered by snow off the lake.

Myk Rian
12-09-2015, 8:52 PM
We got nailed with 17" with that one. It was gone 3 days later. The grass is still green.

Jim Becker
12-13-2015, 8:14 PM
Interestingly, since I have to travel there (Buffalo) this week for a customer meeting, I'm not going to complain about the lack of snow for any reason! LOL

Bruce Page
12-13-2015, 8:39 PM
We got 4" of snow last night. It'll be gone tomorrow.

scott spencer
12-14-2015, 8:34 AM
Interestingly, since I have to travel there (Buffalo) this week for a customer meeting, I'm not going to complain about the lack of snow for any reason! LOL

Be sure to go to the Anchor Bar for chicken wings. Niagara Falls is a must see if you've never been, and always impressive even if you have. Enjoy!

Kent Adams
12-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Be sure to go to the Anchor Bar for chicken wings. Niagara Falls is a must see if you've never been, and always impressive even if you have. Enjoy!

Without a doubt, those are the most expensive chicken wings in the world: http://www.anchorbar.com/store.html?SID=nf4ddmj1nucl8u3nbjks4b5nk3menu

Jim Becker
12-14-2015, 7:43 PM
I'm sure some Buffalo Wings will be on the menu. :) I have been to the falls before, but I was probably 8 or 9 years old at the time.

Bruce Wrenn
12-14-2015, 9:51 PM
Make sure you have your passport with you. Cross into Canada on the Peace Bridge. Take the QEW to Niagara Falls, Ont. Park up on "the hill" and enjoy both falls.

Jim Becker
12-18-2015, 10:24 AM
US side only for me Bruce...my passport is not current and I had no time to cross the bridge, either. That said, it was nice seeing the falls again...the only downside was that there was almost no viewing access to the Horseshoe Falls (Canadian) side due to construction projects, but I did get a bit of photography of various aspects of the US side. We did get to Anchor Bar. The wings were wonderful. The rest of the food...not so much. Trust me...I had zero complaints about the lack of snow up there!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/IMG_6560_zpsxjyjwrjs.jpg