PDA

View Full Version : Driving Newing Hall engraver from Xenetech?

david beenstock
12-09-2015, 9:24 AM
I am having serious problems trying to drive a Newing Hall 350 from a Xenetech MPU controller and XGW. I did buy a cable from Xenetech specially made to achieve this, but the NH350 sometimes engraves all over the place! and it's usually a customers item that I use the NH for, cups, pens, jewellery etc. Is there any other way I can make these compatable?
I really get a migraine trying to use the JLS software, so that is why I want to use XGW, can an XOT job be exported/converted etc. for use within JLS? or via any other way.

Thanking you in advance for any help,

David

Scott Shepherd
12-09-2015, 10:09 AM
What version of the Xenetech software and controller are you running? I know on some older versions, we would experience that same thing. It would be engraving fine and then just randomly take off in some direction and ruin the piece. At the time, their solution was for us to spend $6,000 on an upgrade.

Mike Null
12-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Dave

My NH uses Engravlab. Not great as far as I'm concerned but I can generally get done what needs to be done.

I have no idea how to make X compatible with NH.

david beenstock
12-09-2015, 1:01 PM
Thanks Scott,
I'm using XGW 6.27 with the original MPU (not Viper). There are many engravers out there doing the same thing without problems, also that's why Xenetech made a special cable for this.
David

Tony Lenkic
12-09-2015, 1:14 PM
David,

I this situation I would save the file as original. Before sending the job to engraver go to "COLORS" menu and scroll down to "Disassemble PolyGroup".
This will break the text into individual pieces. Send it that way to engraver and see if it still moves XY in wrong position to mark.

I have had this issue with Xot software driving Western table years back.

Kev Williams
12-09-2015, 2:27 PM
USB, serial or parallel hookup?

If serial, could be your flow control settings are wrong?

Tony Lenkic
12-09-2015, 3:12 PM
Kev, there is no serial or parallel communication.

Xenetech uses custom interface card to interface computer to motor control unit (MPU/MCU).

david beenstock
12-09-2015, 4:31 PM
Hi Tony,
If I did this surely the engraving would take ages as it would engrave like making a jigsaw? Just a thought.
Also you mention XOT and Western, actually my first engraver was a Western table with Xenetech XOT, from before Xenetech built their own tables, had very few problems with it until recently but it's over 20 years old!

David

Tony Lenkic
12-09-2015, 4:47 PM
Hi Tony,
If I did this surely the engraving would take ages as it would engrave like making a jigsaw? Just a thought.

David

Actually not, Engraving is still same ... one character at time before machine advances to next one. Are you using single line or multi line fonts?

Mark Sipes
12-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Why not learn the JLS Program. I offered to help you. You can set up variable text input, great for engraving medals with players name, award as variables. Just load list from e-mail text files. endless list, same with plates. I set up 8 different awards plates at one time for HS Soccer, Swimmer plaques plates....runs the 8 plates and then marks for scoring. Layouts for watches in an complete circle with text in the center...very easy. Print layouts for customers to approve , Import TTF fonts with outline or fill . Import Files Created in Corel as PLT, HPL, DXW. Graphics and / or Text.

Just ask.