PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody explain this?

Stefan Antwarg
09-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I was looking for my 1 gallon plastic gas can which I keep my gas/oil combo for my chainsaw/trimmer. I had not seen it in about a month and it wasn't in it's usual place. I usually keep it right at the front of my shed. So, I went to my shed and looked around. I found it at the back of the shed wedged into a hole in the plywood about the size of the gas can. Does gas/oil make a hole in plywood? How did it get from the front to the back of the shed? I think there had been some fuel left, but now it's empty.

Stefan

Richard Gillespie
09-03-2005, 12:26 PM
My next door neighbor filled up his car and parked it at the bottom of his driveway. His driveway is a little more crowded than normal since he is hosting his in-laws from the N. O. area. The next morning his car was near empty.

Because of this, I upgraded my security systems and put locking gas caps on both of my vehicles. My gas cans are stored in a locked garage. Being on a fixed income, I don't need to be fueling other peoples vehicles.

In this area availability is now in question with some stations running out. Gas prices continue to rise and some people are doing stupid things. Over hearing a kid in an auto parts store say that when gas hits $4.00 a gallon he'd be sucking gas it was all I could do to bite my tongue and not tell him I hope someone would fill his backside with rock salt.

The old curse "May you live in interesting times" may be coming true.