PDA

View Full Version : Am I A Contributor?

Stew Hagerty
12-08-2015, 11:41 AM
I just realized that I am locked out of several things. I have been a Contributor. I can't seem to find anything in my profile that says if I am and/or when it expired. In the past I have gotten a noticed when it was about to expire, but I do not remember getting one recently.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Stew.....based on the title under your name in this thread, it would appear your financial contributor status has expired.

paul cottingham
12-08-2015, 1:20 PM
Happened to me as well. No warning, nothing. Inquiries resulted in crickets.
i now contribute the minimum once a year.

Stew Hagerty
12-08-2015, 1:31 PM
Stew.....based on the title under your name in this thread, it would appear your financial contributor status has expired.

Ah, you're right it says member. I guess I'll go contribute. Thanks guys.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-08-2015, 1:33 PM
Stew,

In the upper corner of this page...click on "Settings"....on the new Settings page....scroll down and on the left side click on "Paid Subscriptions".....

At the top is a window that is labeled "Active Subscriptions".....It should show a start date and an expiration date of your current subscription.

Keep mind that if a member changes email addresses and doesn't update the one here at SMC, you might not get a reminder. However, I have seen reports of the system malfunctioning. I have no first hand knowledge of said malfunction.

Mel Fulks
12-08-2015, 1:42 PM
How can the management be in advertising and not know the value of BIG print? Will put my check in the mail today.....before I lose my "decoder ring" function.

Art Mann
12-08-2015, 2:59 PM
For the longest time, I didn't know anything about subscriptions except that I would occasionally send in some money because of the tremendous value I was getting. Lately, I have received reminders and that is a good thing.

paul cottingham
12-08-2015, 3:05 PM
I have never received one. I find out my subscription has died by go online and finding ads all over the place.

it is not obvious how to find it, either, even for this retired techie.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-08-2015, 3:10 PM
I have never received one. I find out my subscription has died by go online and finding ads all over the place.

it is not obvious how to find it, either, even for this retired techie.

Paul....I described how to find it in my previous post. It's not obvious and I had to go find it but with a little effort I was able to find it. I am a retired techie too.

paul cottingham
12-08-2015, 3:12 PM
Ken, i did find it. I am just saying all of this could be managed much better, thats all. It should not be a chire to update your status to "contributor."

Aaron Koehl
12-08-2015, 5:23 PM
Paul,

There are reminder 2 emails that get sent out at 10 days prior and upon expiration-- perhaps they are caught in your spam filter?

paul cottingham
12-08-2015, 6:54 PM
Yeah, honestly, I'm i have checked, and there was nothing. Head scratcher, and it has caught me a bunch of times. When im month to month, i get them. I suggest you send out another saying "you have expired" when it does. I have never received one of those.

It would help keep a lot of people calmer.

Aaron Koehl
12-09-2015, 3:27 PM
Paul,

Just did a full analysis, looks like they're getting delivered properly. It's the same code to deliver the reminders for annual subscriptions as it is the monthly ones. Also don't have any bounced or undelivered messages from your account. You do get a lot of email messages due to your activity on the forum (thanks!), so I suspect they could be getting lost in with your thread notifications.

Aaron Koehl
12-09-2015, 3:35 PM
Stew,

You might want to check your spam folder. It looks like your mail server is accepting the messages from our end, and I've verified they are being sent.

Stew Hagerty
12-09-2015, 3:54 PM
Paul,

Just did a full analysis, looks like they're getting delivered properly. It's the same code to deliver the reminders for annual subscriptions as it is the monthly ones. Also don't have any bounced or undelivered messages from your account. You do get a lot of email messages due to your activity on the forum (thanks!), so I suspect they could be getting lost in with your thread notifications.

I know I never received anything. I went back & did a search, and nothing. I'm curious, why can't you have auto-renewals setup? Or at least have a pop-up on your account, so that when you open the website (cookies keep you logged in so it can't be tied to login) a message pops up, or perhaps when you try to post? This is the second time it expired without my knowing about it.

paul cottingham
12-09-2015, 4:04 PM
I know I never received anything. I went back & did a search, and nothing. I'm curious, why can't you have auto-renewals setup? Or at least have a pop-up on your account, so that when you open the website (cookies keep you logged in so it can't be tied to login) a message pops up, or perhaps when you try to post? This is the second time it expired without my knowing about it.

Seriously, what Stew said!