PDA

View Full Version : Very brief review: Arrow PT50 Pneumatic stapler

Frederick Skelly
12-06-2015, 3:45 PM
I always have a devil of a time using my Arrow mechanical stapler for upholstery work on small chairs. So when I saw this at my favorite hardware store for $35, I decided to give it a try.

Man, what a difference it made. Takes standard size Arrow staples - same ones the hand stapler uses. They were very easy to load. Requires air pressure between 60-100psi, so it doesn't require a large air source. In fact, they say don't even connect it to compressors larger than 250 psi.

I set the regulator to 75 psi and "bang! bang! bang!", away I went. For the first time ever, I could totally concentrate on getti g the fabric to lay flat, rather than trying to do that plus fighting the darn hand stapler. (If you've ever used one, you know what I mean.)

If you are only an occasional upholsterer like me, this tool can make your life easier. This thing might just be my best tool purchase of 2015.
Fred

Rich Engelhardt
12-07-2015, 6:54 AM
Good info.
I considered picking one of these up two years ago. I had a lot of screening to replace on a screened in porch.
Ended up using my ancient Arrow manual instead.

Tom M King
12-07-2015, 11:33 AM
I have one of those, and it's a good tool if you have many to drive. I had one job where we had thousands to drive putting non-woven agricultural cloth over the outside of studs on a 200 year old house to blow insulation in. We saved the interior walls, but replaced all the siding, so needed something to let the air out as the insulation was blown in. I got one of these full auto Fasco staplers. It holds several strips of T50s for 230 staple capacity. It drives them all between 3 and 4 seconds while you hold the trigger down. It should be called the Bad Ass stapler.

http://www.stapleheadquarters.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=F1B+50-16+ALM&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-ZSzBRDp3ITHm5KO_JYBEiQA1JjHHN4C86nuNtM1BwnRr5JLsuc WMMWMiMAP4Or2HM1SVkUaAoJX8P8HAQ

Bill Ryall
12-08-2015, 8:43 AM
I got a Surebonder several years ago for a single job. It is one of those tools that once you use, you wonder why you hadn't done it years earlier. I don't use it a lot, but when I do I am sure glad I have it.

Mike McGrath
12-10-2015, 6:50 PM
I haven't heard negative reports on any brand of fine wire stapler to date. The fine wire distinction means it uses T-50 type staples instead of the heavier narrow crown staples. I was testing the Freeman PFWS model when a friend stopped by; he gave it a try and insisted on buying mine before he left. When I went to replace it I found the $29 sale price was only for the month of November. I ended up getting my replacement from Amazon for $23. I did everything I could think of to try and trip up the Freeman; the worst case test I could think of was firing a staple into a knot. No problem, the Freeman buried it.