PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 2015 PM2000 Quit Working

Kent Adams
12-06-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm cutting some slots for clamps in 3/4" plywood and all of the sudden, the motor just stops. The power switch is still getting power as the light is on, but when it's pushed in, there is no click and NO power to the motor. I haven't cut more than 300 bf on this saw and its not working. I checked the manual for trouble shooting and it doesn't cover the motor not starting up at all. Its as though there is a fuse in the power switch that has tripped is all I can think of.

The TS wasn't under any kind of overload, no binding, nothing. I did have the blade all the way up because I'm cutting 60 degree angles with my miter gauge and the further up it can go, the less over cutting I will get. This is the first time I've had the blade at full height. I lowered the blade, unplugged the 5hp saw, reconnected it and nothing. No power to the motor. Do I have a bad motor or is there a fuse inside the switch box that has tripped?

Very frustrating as I don't get much shop time and I have a new PM and it just quit on me.

Cary Falk
12-06-2015, 1:10 PM
There is usually a reset button inside the mag switch. You can bypass the switch and see if the motor still works.

Brian Henderson
12-06-2015, 1:54 PM
I'd call PM, if it's a new saw, it's still under warranty.

Jerry Miner
12-06-2015, 2:40 PM
I'd call PM, if it's a new saw, it's still under warranty.

^^ Do this. I had this same issue. It was a bad switch.

Mike Heidrick
12-06-2015, 5:42 PM
Can you use a multimeter and measure that you have 120V on each of the hot legs at the saw?

Bill Richardson
12-06-2015, 9:55 PM
Can you use a multimeter and measure that you have 120V on each of the hot legs at the saw?

+1 Check to make sure you have power on both legs coming into the saw. If your breaker is the old style "double" breaker I've seen one side fail and not trip the other.

Bill Richardson
12-08-2015, 9:46 AM
So, what was the final outcome?