PDA

View Full Version : Printable Bolt size and tension chart

Barry Moore
12-04-2015, 10:42 AM
First time I have posted here so I though I would contribute a bolt chart I have put together.

This chart provides some information on common metric and Standard threads and bolt torques. A foot pound to Newton Metre converter and a set of thread identification images is included.
I have needed to break up the file and compress it for this site. When you print it check the horizontal sizes are correct with a ruler to get accurate thread forms.
ie 8tpi 8 threads must measure 1". If the size is out correct it by scaling your print. I needed to scale to 99% on the test print I did.
Hope you will find it useful.

Regards moorebrm326370326369

Bill Adamsen
12-04-2015, 8:24 PM
Barry, welcome to Sawmill Creek! These are really fantastic. I just printed out back to back and laminated and will place in the shop. With all the Euro machines and American I end up with a hodgepodge of metric and standard thread bolts and this is helpful for understanding the relationship.

Tom M King
12-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I need to get a bigger torque wrench. I had to drill and tap some holes in my tractor from 3/4-10 to 7/8-9. Screwed up some of the threads holding the loader on it.