PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw letter bleed

Mohammed Issa
12-03-2015, 9:32 AM
Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since I posted anything here because I sold my old laser 2 years ago, and just received my new Shenhui 100W 9060!

Anyways, I'm trying to find a way to avoid this problem I'm having. Whenever I write text with corel draw, and the letter intersect, that intersecting part turns to white (as you can see in the picture).

The problem is, this intersection will not engrave on the laser and the text will look awful. If you don't convert the text to curves in CD, you don't see it, but when I export the file to my laser (RDWorks), it shows the bleed.

I couldn't find any old posts about this, because I frankly didn't know what to search for exactly, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Mohammed

Henri Sallinen
12-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Without a macro, you will have to: convert to curve -> break apart ->weld (the outside lines of the letters) -> trim (with the insides of the letters). This should get you lines without overlap. The last trim isn't necessary if you color them white. Hope this helps a bit!

Mohammed Issa
12-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Great Thanks!

I think I got it to work.

Is there a special macro for this?

Dan Hintz
12-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Looks related to one of the bugs I submitted while beta testing X5... guess they didn't get it fixed.

Real Mercier
12-03-2015, 12:20 PM
It looks like the overlapping of the individual letters. Select it. Under Arrange>Shaping>Weld. This will convert it curves and make it a single piece. One step.

Hope that helps.

Real Mercier

Mohammed Issa
12-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Great, Thanks a lot Real Mercier, Makes it much easier that way!

Mohammed

John Bion
12-04-2015, 2:32 AM
Hi Mohammed,
Having a chinese laser, as opposed to a western machine, the “fill” function will not do the trick unfortunately. You will need to either do the weld function after having converted to curves, as mentioned above, and then “manually” join any “joints” that have not snapped together properly, or you could use “break apart”, remove the unwanted section and then join up as desired. I am attaching an image of a joint that has not snapped together or jointed correctly. You will have to drag it apart slightly and then drop them back together and it will join properly. If these are not joined properly then the chinese machines will not fill the image correctly.

Kind Regards, John

Henri Sallinen
12-04-2015, 3:15 AM
It looks like the overlapping of the individual letters. Select it. Under Arrange>Shaping>Weld. This will convert it curves and make it a single piece. One step.

Hope that helps.

Real Mercier

Nice! This helps A LOT :) Thank you!