PDA

View Full Version : Pecan burl bowl and Beli platter with pyrography

Curtis Myers
12-02-2015, 11:45 AM
The bowl is from a Pecan Burl.
The platter is from Beli (a cheeper, zebra wood look alike). This was my first attempt at pyrography on a turned piece. It took me some time to find the right image to use with the strong grain of the Beli wood. With the lines in the Jesus/Cross image going diagonal I though it might work. Came out OK

C&C welcome

All the Best
Curt

Roger Chandler
12-02-2015, 1:44 PM
I have never heard of beli wood, but do like the grain and what you have done with the pyrography. The platter becomes a work of art, with meaning of eternal consequence, depicting the depth and reach of God's love for us! Kudos!!!

Thomas Heck
12-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Great job. Like the pyrography, it tells a true love story as Roger already mentioned. Besides the cross, the weight of our sins were upon him. He died for our sins and rose for our justification.

Allan Ferguson
12-03-2015, 8:16 PM
Really like that Pecan burl. Allan

Rich Aldrich
12-04-2015, 5:48 AM
Nice burl bowl. Wood has a lot of character. Really nice platter - form and pyrography.

Len Mullin
12-05-2015, 1:37 AM
Nice little Burl bowl, and the pyrography is something else. But, I would prefer the burning be done on a piece of wood that isn't so busy. Personally, I think that one feature, (the burning) takes from the other, (the grain pattern). With the burning being on the plate, the plate doesn't get the credit that it should. And, you could say the same thing about the burning, maybe it isn't getting the credit it deserves, because of the grain pattern in the wood.
Len