PDA

View Full Version : 25th Wedding Annv. Super-Gloat

John Miliunas
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
On Sept. 6th, the LOML and I celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. This morning, she surprised me with a gift. I'm still speechless over it, as it hasn't completely sunk in, yet.:D More details later but, for those wondering, NO, it's NOT a tool! Much, MUCH better! Yeah, I'll keep you in suspense....:D More later...:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
09-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Ohhh I see now you get me back for teasing you about not knowing what was up!!

Just yesterday you were dissapointed becasue you weren't "Prepared"!! :) Aren't you glad you waited now!?!?! :) :) :)

I hope you have a wonderful time!! Congrats to you and Jill, you two are an inspiration for young couples like Kelly and I.

I wish I knew what to guess, I know it's not a tool.... How about some training in your new framing or hand tool adventures?

Ed Lang
09-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Baby?

Truck?

Don Baer
09-02-2005, 1:00 PM
John,
Congrats. LOML and I got ya beat by 7 years.

Roy Wall
09-02-2005, 1:08 PM
Week long woodworking class........??

Lou Morrissette
09-02-2005, 2:00 PM
John,

Congratulations to you and the Mrs. Many, many more.

Lou

Bob Winkler
09-02-2005, 2:14 PM
3 years ago on my 25th, I got a Performax Drum Sander from LOML. She got a 3 stone diamond ring. :eek:

Hope you did better than me ;).

Congrats,
Bob

Jim Becker
09-02-2005, 3:34 PM
I love surprises...do tell when the time is right!! And once again, congratulations! If I can survive the parent thing, I hope to cruise right by 25 years someday...with the same woman, of course. (Adding them up doesn't count... ;) )

Steve Knowlton
09-02-2005, 4:01 PM
Congrats John, My Wife And I Will Enjoy Our 25th On Sept. 20. Must Have Been A Great Month. Hope You Have Many More. God Bless

Dennis Peacock
09-02-2005, 4:15 PM
Congrats John!!!!!! Ya'll have a good time and may you always have a good life together. :D

Vaughn McMillan
09-02-2005, 5:09 PM
Congrats on the anniversary, John. 25 years can sure fly by when you're having fun. The suspense about the gift is gonna drive me nuts, though. C'mon man, spill it! :p

- Vaughn

Bruce Page
09-02-2005, 5:29 PM
Congratulations John, 25 years is quite a milestone. Your LOYL surely is a candidate for sainthood! :D If I added up my 2 marriages, I’d have you beat but we don’t want to go there...:rolleyes:

Karl Laustrup
09-02-2005, 5:50 PM
Spring, Happy 25th. You got me by a couple of months. Anxious to hear what the surprise is/was.

Karl

Steve Clardy
09-02-2005, 6:10 PM
Congrats John. Time flies by.

Ours was #32 last sunday.

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-02-2005, 6:23 PM
Congratulations to you and SHMBO. It's nice to see that some of you "Youngsters" believe in long term relationships. Keep up the good work.

Bruce (39 and counting.................... anniversaries, that is.)

Randy Moore
09-02-2005, 7:37 PM
Congrats John. Hope you like your gift but like was said the susoense is killing me. SPILL IT.

LOML and I will have our 25 on Oct. 03.

:)
In 2022

Randy:D

Ernie Nyvall
09-02-2005, 7:39 PM
Congratulations to you and the loyl!!!! That's really great!!!!

As everyone else, you have my curiosity up.

Ernie

Frank Chaffee
09-02-2005, 7:45 PM
He did look rather pleased with his 25th anniversary present.

My first clue was that our normally articulate friend kept stuttering, and most of the phrases that he uttered were punctuated with “bub bub bubbs”. Believe me, sentences were beyond him.

Also, there was the eye rolling, and the focus(?) of his eyes on some distant place that must exist somewhere above his shop ceiling, because that was where he kept looking when his head lolled back, he put his hand to his heart, and breathing deeply, his face would break into an eerie and definitely ecstatic grin.

Finally, I delivered him to some people who will able to take care of him through the next leg of his journey.

Before I left him though, I lashed one end of a stout cord through his belt, and the other end through a large spatula. I pinned a note on his shirt that reads:

“If I am on the ceiling too long, please turn me over.”

That way, hopefully he won’t burn one side against the LIGHT.

Fellow ‘Creekers, as so many of us have experienced, John K. Miliunas is a very vital, loving, and giving man. I join all of you in wishing John and his wife Jill, a Happy 25th!

Alan Turner
09-02-2005, 8:31 PM
Congrats. Do tell us of the gift you have alluded to.

Ron McNeil
09-02-2005, 8:33 PM
John, Congratulations on you and your wife's 25th anniversary. My wife and I will be having our 37th on January 17th 2006. I hope you both have many more congratulations to come. :)

Jerry Clark
09-02-2005, 9:04 PM
Sounds like John is in for a ride of the lifetime-- Hope he enjoys the car!:D

Joe Mioux
09-02-2005, 9:41 PM
John

Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary.

Since you are teasing fellow creekers, it probably has to do with woodworking.

YOu already told us that it is not a tool, but could it be some quality one on one time with a Master woodworker?

Pat Monahan
09-03-2005, 1:37 AM
Congrats on the anniversary, John! Seems like a few Creekers got hitched around the same time. The Missus and I had our third anniversary August 31.
Pat

Jim O'Dell
09-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Congrats to you and your wife, John!!! It certainly is a milestone in this day and age. My wife and I have been together for 28 as of 8/05/05.
There's another thread on the woodworking forum about someone visiting someone, and several of us are guessing it is you. Are we right????? Jim.

Andy Hoyt
09-03-2005, 1:53 PM
Coming up on number 23 myself.:eek:

But....

Still waiting for the darn license to expire.:D

Karl Laustrup
09-03-2005, 5:00 PM
Still waiting for the darn license to expire.:D

WHAT!!!! They have an expiration date!!!!!! :eek: :D

Karl

Jim Dunn
09-03-2005, 8:26 PM
Karl, they really don't expire. No, they just turn in to a gold card:). Comming up on 33 here.

John Miliunas
09-04-2005, 1:56 PM
OK guys. First of all, many, MANY thanks for all the good wishes on our 25th. The LOML wanted it to be very special, so she decided to give me something I've been wishing for the last year+. I am writing this to you from the home of none other than, Mr. Mark Singer! Yes, that's in CA!!!!:D Jill decided, for whatever reason that, we see each other day in and day out every day. The 25 years together, have already been special, just being able to have that time together. In her book, this was to be something I could take with me for the next 25 years. In the meantime, she and our youngest are headed over to see my step-daughter and kids. She knows that I'd be bored to tears, while she enjoys doing that, so it's a win-win situation for both of us.:)

As to my trip, I can't hardly describe the first day (Friday), because as Frank put it, even though the plane landed in CA, I was still hovering somewhere around 30K feet! :D I'll have a full report and pics once I get back and settled in at home, so you can probably be looking for further details long about Wednesday.:)

In the meantime, I'm going to go get changed, as Mark & I have further work to do on some certain doors sitting in his shop! (Wow! A vacation, which includes making sawdust!!!) Man, it just don't get any better than this!:D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
09-04-2005, 2:29 PM
WOW! What a surprise. You'd better take care of Jill. She's one special lady.

I envy you getting the chance to visit with the Singers. And getting to work on a project that Mark is doing is a plus [cheap labor eh, Mark?].

I don't think I'd be able to do anything for fear of messing up, unless Mark wanted a bunch of little sticks and sawdust, of course. :o :eek:

Can hardly wait to hear all about the trip and your take on SoCal.

Karl

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-04-2005, 3:58 PM
Sounds Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!

Bruce

Jerry Clark
09-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Yep John, You said it better than anyone-Mark is a great craftsman- and a friend to everyone-:cool: - and CONGRATULATIONS-- on 25!:D

Jeff Sudmeier
09-06-2005, 10:37 AM
SEE JOHN!! THe wait was worth it!!!! :) I thought you said no flying when I asked you about it!!!?!? Jill sure is good!!!

John Miliunas
09-07-2005, 12:31 AM
SEE JOHN!! THe wait was worth it!!!! :) I thought you said no flying when I asked you about it!!!?!? Jill sure is good!!!

You just ain't a-whistlin' Dixie there, Jeff! I just got home and I'm still not quite sure what happened here over the last 5 days! Heck, my daughter even surprised me and cleaned my shop while I was gone! :D Yup, I'm truly blessed!:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
09-07-2005, 8:27 AM
Wow John!! You said it, you do have a great family!! Congrats on the wonderful trip, I am sure it was one you will not forget for a LONG LONG time!!

Mark Singer
09-07-2005, 9:43 AM
John is the nicest guy! I miss him already! He is a great woodworker and just fun to hang out with....easy going ...and ready for whatever is on the agenda. We saw two concerts,athe Crystal Cove Car Show.. one really fun birthday party with a comic /mind reading psysic...."I don't believe it".....we stayed busy ....John and I bult 2 doors while he was here....we visited a couple of beaches.....and he got to see our great little town. His wife did a great job putting it all together and I thank her....getting to finally meet John was a real treat!

John Miliunas
09-07-2005, 10:42 AM
John is the nicest guy! I miss him already! He is a great woodworker and just fun to hang out with....easy going ...and ready for whatever is on the agenda. We saw two concerts, one really fun birthday party with a comic /mind reading psycic...."I don't believe it".....we stayed busy ....John and I bult 2 doors while he was here....we visited a couple of beaches.....and he got to see our great little town. His wife did a great job putting it all together and I thank her....getting to finally meet John was a real treat!

I'm knee-deep in playing "catch-up" over here, but I'll attempt to reply as well as I can.:) First and foremost, a great BIG THANKS to Mark and Myriam for giving me the time of my live! Words alone can't possibly express my appreciation for being the most gracious hosts I've ever encountered.:) As Mark infers, it was a fun-packed agenda and even today, "I don't believe it!":D The Singer Complex is nothing short of phenomenal! The views from most any direction are breathtaking. The quality, care and craftsmanship throughout all the buildings and Mark-built furniture are all Class-A+! As we've seen via pictures, I can attest to the fact that this young man is not only a talented architect, but a true craftsman in every sense of the word. Had I not known, one could not discern between gallery purchased pieces and those which Mark designed and built himself. And, all the project pics we've seen here, although impressive, are that much more magnified when experienced in person. :)

I also had the extreme pleasure of meeting both, Jessica and Ryan. With all the "bad" we see and hear of so many of the younger generation, these two "kids" have their heads screwed on straight and are obviously products of some great parents!:)

With Mark and Myriam being long-time residents of the Laguna Beach area, I was given THE tour and could never quite stop being impressed with the beauty of the area. Besides the natural beauty of the area, I was also very impressed with the general cleanliness of the streets, shopping areas and beaches. They're doing something right out there on the Left Coast! Part of the beauty can also be attributed directly to Mark's contributions. Over the years, his architecture has graced many, many homes and businesses throughout the area. So much so, that he even set design trends for other architects and builders, though I very much doubt they can match the detailed efforts Mark puts into his work! You can't hardly travel anywhere in the area without coming across some of Mark's legacy. For a man who started with absolutely nothing, he's built a reputation in the area, second to none!

I can't even stop with the Singers in my praises! I was introduced to many of their friends and was welcomed with open arms (literally!) and made to feel like one of the locals. Yup, I was certainly out-classed by all whom I met but, I certainly didn't feel like it. Sure, people were proud of their homes, accomplishments, homes and even status in life BUT, it did not trip them up in accepting this old shot and beer kinda' guy into their activities.:)

Oh, and in reference to something Jim B. had mentioned in another thread related to this visit, the Silver Beast does have two speeds but, I need to differ just a bit with the selection of speeds. I found it to actually be more like, "Fast" and "Hang on to your shorts"! :eek: Sheeesh, the take-off pressure to the back of the seat on the plane ride paled in comparison to this little silver rocket! Wow, what fun!

OK, more later, hopefully with pics. Need to get back to the grind here!:) :cool: