PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
11-30-2015, 8:32 AM
30 Nov 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope this finds each of you doing well. It's "still" raining here and I'm way past tired of all the rain. I guess it wouldn't do for me to live in Washington state. :)

No woodworking for me over the weekend just time with family and friends sharing good food, good times, and a bit of family football watching. Been really busy with stuff at work and the LOML is trying to talk me into exercising with her. I guess we'll see how this is going to go. :)

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past Thanksgiving weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!!

Rod Sheridan
11-30-2015, 8:49 AM
Hi Dennis, I end sealed and stacked a bunch of ash lumber I milled and I made a cutting board.............Regards, Rod.

Mike Ontko
11-30-2015, 9:21 AM
Put the finish on my coffee table project! I used a MinWax prestain conditioner and water based stain during the week. Then beginning Saturday, I first sprayed then brushed on several coats of GF Endurovar semi-gloss. The results are great, though I'm a little disappointed at myself for laying the inital coats on too thick with the sprayer (an Earlex 5500). I found a set of drawer pulls on Etsy made from dragons vein agates, that are on order. After I get them installed I'll take a full set of photos and post them in under Projects.

Charles Taylor
11-30-2015, 9:40 AM
It was a long weekend, considering I began it last Tuesday. Visited my dad and family through Thanksgiving Day, then returned home. My wife and I put up most of the Christmas decorations on Friday. Afterward I wrapped up my most recent project in the workshop, drawers for the workbench, and began prepping some material for Christmas projects: some maple for a mirror for the oldest girl and some plywood for a shoe organizer the youngest had requested for her closet. By the end of the weekend I had the shoe organizer ready for glue up...except for a detail or two that I remembered as I'm writing. :o I'll enjoy working on the mirror over the next couple of weeks because I am oh-so-tired of making boxes out of plywood, which in one form or another has been nearly every project of mine for the last year or so.

A couple football games got watched as well. Roll Tide!