PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley Cyber Monday

Frank Martin
11-30-2015, 12:07 AM
Website started working for me after several minutes. Much better than last year.

Garrett Ellis
11-30-2015, 12:10 AM
What time is it supposed to begin?

Jim Belair
11-30-2015, 12:11 AM
Worked for me - got a $500 gift card.

Christopher Charles
11-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Working well enough that the RH rabbet plane in my cart sold out before I could check out...mixed blessing as would have stretched the budget right now. Best of luck to the rest :)

C

Frank Martin
11-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Worked for me too. It was not working during the first several minutes, then it was on. Got couple planes and a gift card.

Niels Cosman
11-30-2015, 12:25 AM
Worked for me! It took about 1-2 minutes after 12am for the items to appear.

Frederick Skelly
11-30-2015, 12:37 AM
Worked for me too. But I didn't see anything on sale that I really wanted. That's a first for me. Might come back after the rush and order that Nobex Pro Miter Saw though.

Happy shopping guys!
Fred

Brent VanFossen
11-30-2015, 12:38 AM
Everything worked fine for me. I found a few planes that I needed and have a nice package coming sometime in the next week or so.

What can I say? This is the only sale of the year that I pay attention to, and from my favorite tool manufacturer. Thanks, Rob.

Curt Putnam
11-30-2015, 1:09 AM
I don't know why, but the link to the sale is not obvious on the website. Google it and you will get a link. Got myself a couple planes I wanted. I know Rob does not like making seconds - and that they are normally sold to employees, but I am very thankful for whatever is left. There are ( or were ) about another bunch of items I wanted: the BD #6, the side rabbet plane, another router plane, the BU jack rabbet plane, the edge trimming planes, the LH skew rabbet plane and a couple others. Had I not spent my wad on a new computer (24GB Core I7-6700) I might well have bought more. Might if there is anything left in the AM.

Jeffrey Martel
11-30-2015, 1:23 AM
I got myself a medium shoulder plane. Good timing since I will be building a fairly massive timber frame bed in another month or two (lots of large scale tenons). Now I just gotta hope that my parents and the MIL are going to get me Lie-Nielsen gift cards so I can pick up a rabbeting block plane as well after Christmas.

john zulu
11-30-2015, 3:36 AM
This is the best year yet BUT the plane i wanted is OUT OF STOCK. Thanks guys :P
Veritas Scraper Plane will come some day....

Matthew N. Masail
11-30-2015, 5:41 AM
Got myself a gift card, only thing left in stock that I wanted but should work out quite well !

Charles Bjorgen
11-30-2015, 7:23 AM
I ordered the 20 tpi dovetail saw. During a similar sale a few years ago I bought the 14 tpi version and it was fine. Design is a bit different from conventional dovetail saws but they function fine.

Dave Parkis
11-30-2015, 8:24 AM
I grabbed a large shoulder plane and a router plane. I thought the prices were very good and I would have bought more, but there just wasn't that much that I needed. I did miss out on the RH skew rabbeting block plane.

Jeffrey Martel
11-30-2015, 10:23 AM
The shooting planes went almost instantly. Wish I could have gotten one, but only had the budget for one plane. One day...

Prashun Patel
11-30-2015, 10:28 AM
You have to wake up pretty early. I missed my alarm @ 12:00am and my wife woke me at 1:00am. All the good planes were gone. I was so tempted to buy a useless bullnose plane again, just to get something. Giftcards were still available, tho...

Maurice Ungaro
11-30-2015, 2:12 PM
About the only thing I really wanted was a shoot plane. Of course, these went pronto. Funny, I pretty much have everything else plane wise that they were offering! Still managed to spend $50.

Matthew N. Masail
11-30-2015, 2:20 PM
You have to wake up pretty early. I missed my alarm @ 12:00am and my wife woke me at 1:00am. All the good planes were gone. I was so tempted to buy a useless bullnose plane again, just to get something. Giftcards were still available, tho...

I got up 16 minutes after midnight, 08:16am my time, everything I wanted was gone! the gift cards are a nice discount though.

john zulu
11-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Sounds like the shooting plane which is a specialty is on high demand......

Ryan Baker
11-30-2015, 10:47 PM
I picked up the shooting plane in last year's special. There aren't many of those, and they go fast. There were quite a few good planes available this year. I've picked up a number of planes in these specials and I have yet to locate the flaw on any of them that makes them a second.

Frederick Skelly
12-01-2015, 6:50 AM
I picked up the shooting plane in last year's special. There aren't many of those, and they go fast. There were quite a few good planes available this year. I've picked up a number of planes in these specials and I have yet to locate the flaw on any of them that makes them a second.

I never have either Ryan. I'm not sure that most of them aren't just regular stock that LV calls "seconds" to have something to sell on cyber monday. But like you, I've gotten good stuff in previous years. That's why I didn't need much this year. I do love my LV tools.

Allen Jordan
12-01-2015, 3:39 PM
I grabbed a large shoulder plane and a router plane. I thought the prices were very good and I would have bought more, but there just wasn't that much that I needed. I did miss out on the RH skew rabbeting block plane.

I ordered the same planes, Dave. I saw the RH skew block was sold out, but then checked later and it was back so I snagged it... probably got the last one. I love factory second planes, as I scratch em up in use anyways.

Patrick Bernardo
12-01-2015, 4:32 PM
I fell asleep, actually. I was hoping for a jack rabbet, and indeed there were a few available, just not for folks like me who spent all Sunday raking the yard. Oh well, there's always next year.