PDA

View Full Version : I wish

Lee Schierer
11-29-2015, 6:34 PM
I wish bandsaw blade makers would laser etch their name on the band so you could tell who made it. I have a resaw blade that is a 3/4" band that is .024" thick with 4 TPI that works perfectly for resawing on my 14" Delta. Yes I know you supposedly can't properly tension a 3/4" blade on a 14" saw, but this blade works perfectly for me. I have resawed some 6" soft maple and was able to get two pieces 1/4" thick after planing. I rue the day when it gets dull and needs to be replaced as I don't recall where I got it. As I recall, there was a new bandsaw blade supplier that I checked out from a referral from either SMC or on a different site and found several bad typo's in their website. I reported these errors to the company and in return they offered to send me one of their blades. I ended up with the 3/4" band saw blade.

Matt Day
11-29-2015, 7:38 PM
Lee,
Would you have record of your discussions with the company in your email somewhere? I keep all my old emails so I can search for things just like this.

I agree though, I'd like to see some distinguishing marks on blades too.

Peter Kelly
11-29-2015, 8:29 PM
Doesn't Lenox do this?

Bruce Wrenn
11-29-2015, 9:05 PM
14" BS blades usually fail from fatigue. Laser engraving could possibly compound this problem. Just my thoughts.

Lee Schierer
11-30-2015, 7:11 PM
Lee,
Would you have record of your discussions with the company in your email somewhere? I keep all my old emails so I can search for things just like this.

I agree though, I'd like to see some distinguishing marks on blades too.

My email is the first place I looked, but since it crashed earlier this year if I had a record it is gone.

Justin Ludwig
11-30-2015, 9:13 PM
I use a 3/4" timberwolf on my Delta 14" for resaw with excellent results. It chewed through a 72" stave of bois d'arc that was 3-5" thick and still cuts like it's new(ish). Nothing touches bois d'arc and maintains the moniker "new". ;)