PDA

View Full Version : Southern States III Woodturning Symposium

Barbara Gill
02-18-2003, 6:44 AM
Anyone else planning to attend?
http://www.southernstates.org/

Jim Fuller
02-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Have you ever attended this symposium? $125 for me and spouse is kinda steep isn't it? I live close enough I could make it a one day event, but I am not interested in paying to visit craft displays.

Dennis Peacock
02-18-2003, 1:57 PM
Not for me....too much money for little gained.......

Dennis - :D

Jim Fuller
02-18-2003, 2:03 PM
I didn't want to throw cold water on this, but I didn't read anything that really showed that it would be worth my time and money. I like to go to shows and demos, but if it is a trade fair I would think the trade people need to pay, and we would go review their ware, and us pay for which demo we wanted to see.

Mike Mastin
02-18-2003, 4:29 PM
I went to the Texas Turn or Two for the first time last year and it was well worth the cost of admission. Saw many great demonstrations, lots of wonderful turners to talk to and the exhibition area offered some of the finest turnings I have ever seen. Inspirational to say the least.
I guess to each his own, but I amlooking at making the trip from Texas to Georgia for this event. Its a good time for a vacation anyway :-)

Barbara Gill
02-18-2003, 5:54 PM
This symposium is an opportunity to exchange and learn. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the last two. The demonstrators will be worth the price of admission for me.

Jim Fuller
02-18-2003, 6:02 PM
I haven't been to one, and wasn't sure what was going on with it. I am not sure about sharing, but I sure could stand to learn. Maybe I can make it. Thanks