PDA

View Full Version : MCM C-table

Randy Rose
11-27-2015, 3:56 PM
Have a an MCM house and enjoy the style, this is fortunate as the simplicity of design lends itself to my beginners skill set. Here`s a walnut and maple table. Center the top and drive 12 screws and I`m done. Reasonably pleased with the results

lowell holmes
11-27-2015, 5:08 PM
I'm not familiar with "MCM", I assume the firsr m is for modern. Can you enlighten me?:)

Charles Taylor
11-27-2015, 6:14 PM
I'm not familiar with "MCM", I assume the firsr m is for modern. Can you enlighten me?:)
The second m, actually. Mid-century modern.

Michelle Rich
11-28-2015, 8:05 AM
I like that mcm is back, but some of it was awful..having lived with it in the 50's I was glad it faded away :-) A few pieces from that era were fantastic designs & deserve to come back. Your table is interesting, and it would help us all if you had a few more pics from different angles. congrats on your build.

Art Mann
11-28-2015, 11:19 AM
I never use abbreviations like "MCM" because I know that a large number of readers won't know what I am talking about. For example, I read about "WTF" on the turners forum. That set of letters has a commonly understood meaning that has nothing to do with the wood finish to which they were referring.

Are you sure the table you built is really the "MCM" style? It doesn't look much like the ugly stuff my wife and I inherited from her parents 40 years ago. The picture looks quite attractive. More pictures would be nice.

Randy Rose
11-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Certainly good and bad from that period, for every Eames chair and Noguchi table there`s 5 horrible pieces.

Perhaps I should have stuck with "contemporary" :)

Randy Rose
11-28-2015, 12:50 PM
More "contemporary" Obviously a fan of B.Birch. Google " Kerf"
Also " Atomic Ranch"

Eduard Nemirovsky
11-28-2015, 4:30 PM
My neck hurt when I was looking on last bookcase:D. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing.
Ed.

lowell holmes
11-28-2015, 6:40 PM
Well, some of this mid century style furniture will have a place to go.

I bought a lot of Danish Walnut furniture back in the 60's. I didn't know it is mid-century style until recently. I still like the style.

Randy Rose
11-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Off the work bench pics