PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to Introgloat myself

Andy Hoyt
09-01-2005, 8:22 PM
Howdy, I just waded into this very deep creek yesterday for the first time and am enjoying it immensely. Didn't do a darn thing at all today except read past postings, make a few myself, and thoroughly get deeper in trouble with my current deadline. This place is far more fun, far more "less nose in the air", and far more broadbased than some others I've been associated with. Then again, they all do serve one purpose or another.

I'm a self-employed fulltime manufacturer of shavings, sawdust, scrap wood, and kindling along with various other occasionally useful things. Nose around, you'll find my website.

I'm attaching one photo of my shop for you to enjoy, ridicule, drool over, or make an offer on.:cool:

Glad to be here,, Andy Hoyt

Rob Russell
09-01-2005, 8:27 PM
Hey Andy - Welcome! Looks like a nice space, and one that's used. Why do you say "make an offer"? (If it's for sale, put a post up in the Classifieds sub-forum and you may get a buyer).

Rob

Joe Blankshain
09-01-2005, 8:30 PM
Andy,

Nice looking shop. Looks a bit busy. How did you find time for posting?

Bernie Weishapl
09-01-2005, 8:30 PM
Andy, Welcome. Shop looks good with lots of space.

Don Baer
09-01-2005, 8:33 PM
Hey Andy;
Nice shop. I stopped by your web site and found it very interesting.
Welcome to the creek.

Vaughn McMillan
09-01-2005, 8:37 PM
...Didn't do a darn thing at all today except read past postings, make a few myself, and thoroughly get deeper in trouble with my current deadline. ...
Same dog's bitten me more than once here. Except for the fact that the Creek can be a real time-sink, it's a great place to learn and share experiences. Welcome aboard!

- Vaughn

Karl Laustrup
09-01-2005, 8:46 PM
Welcome Andy. Glad to have you wading in the creek. :)

Nice shop. I see everything is in it's place. ;) :D

I like your attitude also. Everything is for sale.....for the right price. :D

Couple of questions. I see some ceiling mounted fans. Are these just for air circulation? Does it really get that warm in Maine?

I also see that you have my house just about done. Strange, I thought it would be much bigger. ;) :D I guess I'd better go on a diet. :eek: :D

In case you didn't know we do like PICTURES.

Karl

P.S. Don't believe anything Pesh [aka Dale Thompson] or Spring [aka John Miliunas] say about me. Even if it's true, I'll be denying it.

Tim Morton
09-01-2005, 8:47 PM
Hey Andy, looking good!! And I'll give you $50 bucks for that birhouse on the workbench...its LOML's birthday on Saturday and she just informed me she wants a birdhouse.....can you deliver it to Vermont for that price?:D:D

Welcome to a very cool place to hang out!!!

Jim Becker
09-01-2005, 9:02 PM
Welcome aboard, Andy! That's fine looking shop and a great website, too. I paricularly love the Timber Frame work... ;)

Corey Hallagan
09-01-2005, 9:03 PM
Welcome to SMC. Looks like you have a great shop there! Enjoy.

Corey

Greg Tatum
09-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Hello Andy....welcome to the Creek....we need more pics of the shop, though.

By the way, you have a nice web site...timber framed doll houses, very cool.

Greg

Brent Smith
09-01-2005, 10:26 PM
How do Andy

Good looking shop. Comfortable looking too.

Brent

Jim Young
09-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the site Andy. I see you're building a doll house. My doughter muscle'ed me into building one also, we're at the painting stage.

Andy Hoyt
09-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Jeez! I go inside to get some coffee. That led to supper. That led to more coffee. Now I'm back and it's like the bad part of Christmas - all these thank yous to write.:D So...

Rob - No, the shop aint for sale, I just finished the thing. But, once I start losing small tools, I'll build another. You can have this one at that time.

Joe - It's called multi-tasking. Mouse in one hand, coffee in another, and take all measurements using the Uniform Vermont Measuring Standard I grew up with. Big inch little inch. Nothing in between.

Bernie - A shop with lots of space does not exist.

Karl - Ceiling fans are for keeping cool. Not too hot up here, perhaps a week a year of 90 plus weather, but it does stay humid in the summer. The one over the lathe is especially helpful since it cools me and blows all the dust away from me.

Tim - That birdhouse is actually a timberframed dollhouse, and all $50 bucks will get you is the front door. Please note, there is no front door. Building this one for the Lyme, N.H. Charity Auction later on this month.

Okay. That's enough smart aleckness for one post. Thanks for all your kind words. Do you really want more pictures of the shop? What I showed already is a bit of a self massage to the ego.

Oh alright. Here's one more

Bruce Page
09-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Nice space Andy, and welcome to SMC. It looks like you have just about everything a woodworker would need. What’s the square footage and is that a finishing room through the door?

Oh yeah, we could also use a few more pic's of the place! :D

Bruce Page
09-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Andy, I just checked out your website – very impressive. Professional looking site and the woodworking ain’t too shabby either!

Andy Hoyt
09-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the site Andy. I see you're building a doll house. My doughter muscle'ed me into building one also, we're at the painting stage.

Yeah, I'm painting right now too. Windows, trim and clapboards all get prepainted prior to installation. I especially hate doing the windows.

Bruce -- It's about 800 SF on the main level and includes what you thought was a finishing room. See pic below. I've got another 800 SF downstairs, but that's mostly lawnmowers and shovels and such. And I've got another 800 Sf upstairs that's all attic space except 250 of it is that finishing room.

Thanks to all for comments about my website. It's somewhat of a monster that has taken over my life. I also manage the site for my turning club and if you like fun pictures, just click this link.

http://www.mainewoodturners.org/html/june_2003.html

Okay. I'm outta here

Walt Pater
09-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Welcome, Andy.

Whereabouts in Ghent is that timberframed number? I live/work in that area.
Nice website.

Tim Morton
09-02-2005, 7:20 AM
Yeah, I'm painting right now too. Windows, trim and clapboards all get prepainted prior to installation. I especially hate doing the windows.

Bruce -- It's about 800 SF on the main level and includes what you thought was a finishing room. See pic below. I've got another 800 SF downstairs, but that's mostly lawnmowers and shovels and such. And I've got another 800 Sf upstairs that's all attic space except 250 of it is that finishing room.

Thanks to all for comments about my website. It's somewhat of a monster that has taken over my life. I also manage the site for my turning club and if you like fun pictures, just click this link.

http://www.mainewoodturners.org/html/june_2003.html

Okay. I'm outta here

Hey...are these interior pictures of this birdhouse you call a timberframe doll house?:D:D:D:D Pretty nice detail work for a birdhouse!! Ok, I'll up my offer to "whatever it will take!!!!" *lol*

Greg Narozniak
09-02-2005, 8:34 AM
Welcome aboard! Great looking Space!

Mike Weaver
09-02-2005, 8:40 AM
Andy, I just checked out your website – very impressive. Professional looking site and the woodworking ain’t too shabby either!

Andy,
These guys around here are too quick... I second (or is it third, or some other highr number?:eek:) the comments above by Bruce - impressive work.

Welcome to the Creek!

Cheers,
-Mike

Sam Blasco
09-02-2005, 8:54 AM
Welcome aboard, shop looks well used -- I think you'll find the waters pleasant here, and look forward to your input.