PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Clamp Deal

Kent Adams
11-26-2015, 10:36 AM
I just purchased 8 Jet parallel clamps from International Tool, no shipping or tax. The clamps were $2 per clamp cheaper than Woodcraft and Woodcraft would have charged me shipping and tax on top. Woodcraft's BF total was $35 more than International Tool.

(4-12" Jet parallels at $19.99 each and 4 - 24" Jet Parallels at $22 each)

What Black Friday deal have you guys got your eye on or bought?

George Bokros
11-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Bought eight 12" Jet parallel clamps from Wood Werks in Columbus for $22.50 each, no shipping but did charged tax since I live in Ohio. Was going to buy 8 12" Besseys from HD but this saved me $44 before tax, no shipping from HD either.

Randy Rose
11-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Snagged two 60" Bessey Revos from Amazon $110 w tx & shipping.

Gerry Grzadzinski
11-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Snagged two 60" Bessey Revos from Amazon $110 w tx & shipping.

Home Depot has 50" Revo's for $40 each. They don't seem to carry the 60"

Victor Robinson
11-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Did 4 24's from International Tool. Definitely a sweet deal.

Ben Rivel
11-26-2015, 12:53 PM
I have been having Carbide Processors price match Home Depots sale price. CP gives free shipping and no sales tax for most.

Terry Thillemann
11-26-2015, 6:32 PM
So mad right now, I had the Jets in my internationaltool cart, kept shopping and the cart emptied on me after a bit. Went to put them back in and they're sold out!

Does anybody think theyll ahow back up or are they out for the rest of the 27-30th holiday? I had 4 of the kits which come with the parallel mounts. I can get them individual at Rocker tomorrow but then I lose out on the framing block kit and bench dog set.

Will these go on sale over Christmas or will I have to wait until next year?

John Schweikert
11-26-2015, 7:00 PM
Probably not until next year.

FYI, IT had the deal running yesterday evening. That's when I got them. Not surprised they are sold out.

Bryan Cramer
11-26-2015, 7:16 PM
Rocker has a sale on Bessy Revo Jr. clamps: 2 18", 24", 36" and a shop stool for $179.

Terry Thillemann
11-26-2015, 7:42 PM
Besides the framing block kit and bench dog set are Rocker Jet clamps the same? I can live without those pieces for another year but can't go without clamps. Rocker has 2 X 24 and 2 X 31 whereas International tool had 2 x 24 and 2 x 41 which is no big deal to me as long as the clamp is the same.

Frederick Skelly
11-26-2015, 7:58 PM
Interesting. Woodcraft.com shows them "currently unavailable". Hope that just means they wont start selling until tomorrow.

Dan Rude
11-26-2015, 8:00 PM
Rockler, has subbed their own blocks in the set. International Tool last year over sold, but I still received the clamps this fall. They did call me and asked if I still wanted them. Dan

eugene thomas
11-26-2015, 8:11 PM
I had clamps in cart from woodcraft and international tools but was on fence and when wanted to buy was to late.....

Matt Day
11-26-2015, 8:12 PM
Clamps at both woodcraft and international tool appear to be gone.

Frederick Skelly
11-26-2015, 8:32 PM
Hang on a few hours Matt. The flyer I have from Woodcraft says it starts 11/27. So it may be they programmed the site to show unavailable until tomorrow.

Of course, my guess could be utterly wrong.☺
Fred

Dan Masshardt
11-26-2015, 8:37 PM
My local woodcraft has been offering them at the sale price all week. I got some there. But the official sale isn't supposed to be until tomorrow. We'll know for sure at midnight I guess. Or tomorrow morning.

Kent Adams
11-26-2015, 8:51 PM
Rockler, has subbed their own blocks in the set. International Tool last year over sold, but I still received the clamps this fall. They did call me and asked if I still wanted them. Dan

Dan, are you telling me you bought some clamps last year and didn't receive them until this fall??

Patrick Bernardo
11-26-2015, 8:56 PM
I suspect that Woodcraft is out of stock. I managed to buy a couple 24" clamps, but the 40" clamps literally sold out while they were in my cart. This was around 3PM this afternoon.

gordy haycock
11-26-2015, 10:53 PM
I bought 8 Jet parallel clamps this morning online from Woodcraft. I hope they aren't sold out for you guys. I am going to the local store tomorrow morning to get some more.

Mike Heidrick
11-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Hoping you guys get a bunch and put them to good use. I used 6 Bessey tradesman F clamps and 6 of the WS-3 angle clamps today on a project for a visiting niece. First time she and I have ever made something together on our own. One great Thanksgiving holiday memory I will have forever. I told her the woodworkers can never have enough clamps. I actually think I have enough now as the deals have to be crazy good but I love them all. A sub $15 parallel clamp would still get me to jump though lol.

Dan Masshardt
11-26-2015, 11:26 PM
I bought 8 Jet parallel clamps this morning online from Woodcraft. I hope they aren't sold out for you guys. I am going to the local store tomorrow morning to get some more.

If they have any left there. The guys at my local store thought that they'd be sold out before Friday.

It's not always totally accurate but you could
Check the local woodcraft's web page. You can enter item numbers to check stock.

eugene thomas
11-27-2015, 1:28 AM
Just bought lot of the jet clamps from rockler and where 50% off.

Matt Day
11-27-2015, 6:41 AM
Just bought lot of the jet clamps from rockler and where 50% off.

"Temporarily oversold" now

Frederick Skelly
11-27-2015, 7:47 AM
I suspect that Woodcraft is out of stock. I managed to buy a couple 24" clamps, but the 40" clamps literally sold out while they were in my cart. This was around 3PM this afternoon.

You were right Pat. I tried right after midnight West Virginia time. And Rockler sold out about an hour later, while I had them in my cart.

Enjoy your great deals guys! Remember to post pics of what you make with them!

Fred

Dan Masshardt
11-27-2015, 8:34 AM
As of now rockler still had the jet special clamp pack with their clamp blocks. 2 24" and 2 31" for $120

Frederick Skelly
11-27-2015, 9:02 AM
As of now rockler still had the jet special clamp pack with their clamp blocks. 2 24" and 2 31" for $120

Dan, thank you for that tip. I hadn't thought about buying the set until you flagged it. But I just placed an order and got a confirmation that it went through. Much appreciated!
Fred

Dave Cullen
11-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Damn... should've ordered yesterday. You snooze, you lose I guess.

Terry Thillemann
11-27-2015, 5:44 PM
I ended up placing an order through Rockler website early this morning for the Bessey Revo Jr + stool deals. I was originally going to go Jet but I read if they break they cannot be fixed you need to toss them so I went Bessey. Hopefully they'll work well for clamping up kitchen cabinets.

Will I need longer than 31" for kitchen cabinets? I've never made any but imagine 25" depth is covered but what about width? Do you need to clamp from one side to the other? That could be rather long.

Alan Lightstone
11-27-2015, 9:04 PM
True about the Jets not able to be repaired, and Jet not selling replacement parts.

I actually picked up 2 12" clamps today at half-price for parts for my bigger clamps.

Dan Masshardt
11-27-2015, 11:22 PM
True about the Jets not able to be repaired, and Jet not selling replacement parts. I actually picked up 2 12" clamps today at half-price for parts for my bigger clamps.

Do these clamps break easily or frequently?

Dan Rude
11-28-2015, 4:29 AM
Dan, are you telling me you bought some clamps last year and didn't receive them until this fall??
That is what happened. I did order them late on Friday morning last year, there was a glitch on the web site. International Tool honor that they had them in stock. Just Jet did not have anymore. They did not charge me until they asked me if I still wanted them, when Jet produced more. The year before I thought Peachtree had the same deal, they did not. When I opened the box thinking I had 2, I only had one. When I called Peachtree, I was told they never discount them. This year I ordered the Rockler Set. I hesitated on pulling the trigger on Thursday night, so had to settle for the Rockler Set. Dan

Josh Molaver
11-28-2015, 6:05 AM
I have no experience in breaking the Jet clamps yet...I have some and they are working great. However Jet claims to have a 'limited lifetime warranty' on the clamps: http://www.jettools.com/us/en/service-and-support/warranty/ - has anyone tried to get something repaired/replaced? These are too expensive to toss!

Dan Rude
11-29-2015, 2:46 AM
Rockler just sent me confirmation my order has shipped. Their web site said they still had Jet clamp Rockler package this evening. Dan

William C Rogers
11-29-2015, 7:00 AM
I have no experience in breaking the Jet clamps yet...I have some and they are working great. However Jet claims to have a 'limited lifetime warranty' on the clamps: http://www.jettools.com/us/en/service-and-support/warranty/ - has anyone tried to get something repaired/replaced? These are too expensive to toss!

I had two clamps that would slip. Called Jet and they sent me a new set right away. No problems.

Jared Sankovich
11-30-2015, 10:08 PM
My local woodcraft had 8 24" clamps left yesterday, and menards has the jorgensen on sale today. So I picked up 8 of the 36" as well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/jar944/rps20151130_220203_832_zpsttp6t4mp.jpg

Jim Andrew
12-01-2015, 1:04 PM
Jared, did you get the 36" Jorgensens at Menards? I picked up 4- 24",2- 36", and 2 48" Jorgensen cabinet masters at Menards. The new models with the plastic handles are much easier to tighten. I emailed pony clamps, and they wanted more for changing out the handles than Menards wanted for the 24 and 36" clamps. Anybody had success changing out the wood handles?

Jared Sankovich
12-01-2015, 3:30 PM
Jared, did you get the 36" Jorgensens at Menards? I picked up 4- 24",2- 36", and 2 48" Jorgensen cabinet masters at Menards. The new models with the plastic handles are much easier to tighten. I emailed pony clamps, and they wanted more for changing out the handles than Menards wanted for the 24 and 36" clamps. Anybody had success changing out the wood handles?

Yes the jorgensensame were from menards

Kent Adams
12-03-2015, 8:29 AM

Looks like this is a problem that International Tool has because they just did the same thing to me. Said they had them, I ordered them and then when my shipment arrived, I was 2 clamps short. I contacted them and was told they sold out and Jet didn't have anymore and wouldn't until March.

John Schweikert
12-03-2015, 2:05 PM
Same as Kent, I received my shipment today from International Tool. I ordered 16 total clamps but got 14 of them as my shipping notification showed. So 2 backordered and who knows when those will show up.

Terry Thillemann
12-03-2015, 9:17 PM
I received all my clamps and after trying to open them up to hang them I can tell you the Besseys are a bit difficult to open at times. I certainly hope they get easier as I'd hate to have that issue during glue-up. Perhaps my next set will be Jet's since the trigger should solve this issue. Will these go on sale again before next Black Friday?

Jesse Busenitz
12-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Just got my two cabinet sets today... haven't used these parallel clamps before so i'm anxious to see how they work.

Frederick Skelly
12-04-2015, 7:05 PM

My set arrived today - Rockler came through with all 4 as promised, plus a set of their clamp blocks. I've never used parallel clamps, but I won't try them out until Christmas, of course.☺

I will say that I'm surprised by the weight of these things. Until now, all I owned were F-clamps, which are much lighter in comparable sizes. These things are MASSIVE. Just massive.

Thanks again Dan!
Fred