PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving in the USA

Rich Riddle
11-26-2015, 8:41 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all those living in the USA in the Creek. The official kickoff to the holidays has commenced. Watch the parade.

George Bokros
11-26-2015, 8:42 AM
Yes....Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!

Rich Riddle
11-26-2015, 8:46 AM
Also Happy Belated Thanksgiving to Rod Sheridan who celebrated in October and all the other Canadians. Their calendar must not coincide with ours.

Rod Sheridan
11-26-2015, 9:33 AM
Also Happy Belated Thanksgiving to Rod Sheridan who celebrated in October and all the other Canadians. Their calendar must not coincide with ours.

Thanks Rich, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your fellow Americans.

From the time I've spent working in the US, I've found that Thanksgiving is a far more important holiday in the US than Canada, you guys really go all out for it.

In Canada if we had Thanksgiving this time of year we would only have frozen vegetables:D

One thing you've managed to export to this country is "Black Friday", something we could really do without..........Regards, Rod.

Jay Jolliffe
11-26-2015, 9:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it....

Pat Barry
11-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Happy Thanksgiving ---> bird is in the oven at 9:15AM

Rod Sheridan
11-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Happy Thanksgiving ---> bird is in the oven at 9:15AM

I can smell it from here, do you have an extra spot at the table?;)

That's what I really miss, we cook our turkey on the BBQ in a roasting pan to free up the oven for other items.

There isn't any turkey smell in the house:(

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Pat..............Regards, Rod.

Pat Barry
11-26-2015, 2:14 PM
Thanks Rod. Same to you and your family.

Shawn Pixley
11-26-2015, 2:20 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all!

We are not doing the traditional Thanksgiving here. However, the pie is baked, the dressing is cooked and will be reheated later. The tuna is marinating. Green beans, potatoes, and the roast will happen later.

Here our windstorm is down. The puppies have had their morning walk and we will start the Bocce Tournement after lunch.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-26-2015, 2:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Chuck Wintle
11-26-2015, 5:02 PM
Thanks Rich, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your fellow Americans.

From the time I've spent working in the US, I've found that Thanksgiving is a far more important holiday in the US than Canada, you guys really go all out for it.

In Canada if we had Thanksgiving this time of year we would only have frozen vegetables:D

One thing you've managed to export to this country is "Black Friday", something we could really do without..........Regards, Rod.
except shopping in the united states is always rewarding.

Jim Koepke
11-26-2015, 7:54 PM
My wife and I are living away from our families.

We went into town to celebrate in a restaurant with others who are away from their families.

As much of a hassle as it can be I mis the gathering with all the people, talking and bonding.

jtk

Rod Sheridan
11-27-2015, 8:21 AM
except shopping in the united states is always rewarding.

I'll take your word for it Chuck, as I seldom shop there.

I will admit however that on one work trip in Virginia I was in a BORG to pick up some materials for work when I saw exactly the bathroom sink we had been looking for in Canada.

It was $99! When I got to the checkout it was further reduced to $88 due to some sale. I probably would have paid triple that in Canada for the sink.

Coming back into Canada I was asked what I bought and replied "just a bathroom sink", at which point he got out of the booth, looked in the truck and laughed.............Rod.