PDA

View Full Version : PSA Sort of....

Andrew Kertesz
11-24-2015, 9:33 AM
First I want to thank everybody for the help and suggestions fixing my Jet 16/32 drum sander. Yesterday I called a local electronic repair shop and spoke to the owner, a retired electrical engineer. After explaining my issue I took the SandSmart controller to see about a repair. Not sure if everybody knows but the PCB has a fuse on it.He said that was blown, didn't give me a reason. After about 45 minutes it was repaired and he said it was functional. Total coast: $53.63 and about an hours time. Cost for the board through Jet: $303.86 + S/H. Just an FYI if your conveyor quits working...

Don Orr
11-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Outstanding-Thanks !

Tom Davis
11-24-2015, 1:24 PM
A couple years ago I had to replace theSandSmart controller on my Performax. Because the Jet cost was so high, I checked with SuperMax tools and got the same controller (same part number on the controller) for about $80, shipped. I had some installation issues and got excellent customer support from SuperMax.

Tom

Steve Peterson
11-24-2015, 1:30 PM
That's good to know. The cost for a fuse if you are qualified to replace it yourself would be a few dollars. I am guessing that it is soldered down.

Steve

Andrew Kertesz
11-24-2015, 3:53 PM
I would think so but not being electrical without a schematic I wouldn't have a clue which was the fuse...